Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Burnaby runs two identical 2008 Spartan Gladiator heavy rescues that were built by SVI. They both run out of the same fire station, with one operating primerly as a rescue, and the other configered more as an equipment truck to assist at working fires.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ladder 2 in Burnaby runs this 2006 Smeal Spartan Gladiator ladder tower equipped with a 1750 GPM pump, 275 gallon water tank , 35 gallon foam tank and 100' ladder. This is one of several like apparatus on the Burnaby roster, but of different vintage.

This 1996 Anderson Engineering built aerial was recently placed in the spare pool. Shown here as Ladder 4, this Spartan Gladiator 100' LTI rearmount also has a 1500 gallon pump and 150 gallon water tank.

Although this mini is no longer on the active roster, I thought I would throw it in just to let all you folks currently buried in snow that it happens out here on the "wet" coast as well, only not as severe or as frequent. Mini 1 was a 1981 Anderson Engineering Chevrolet Scottsdale with a 250 GPM pump and 150 gallon water tank. The mini has been replaced, but the chassis was converted into a small flatbed stake truck and used by the mechanical devision.

Unit #451 for Canadian Forces Base - Esquimalt, British Columbia  2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Metro Star  1750/800/25A/25B  s/n #M429

Attached Files Image(s)

Kennebecasis Valley, New Brunswick  T1   2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Int'l 7600  8e0/2500.  This will be assigned to its Rothesay station.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Kennebecasis Valley, New Brunswick  T1   2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Int'l 7600  8e0/2500.  This will be assigned to its Rothesay station.

That truck is MASSIVE!!!  Alot bigger than the truck its replacing!!!
KVFD/Rothesay Fire

ex: Tank 1

1987 GMC/Metalfab

375/1300

KVFD/Rothesay Fire

Tank 1 (current)

2000 Freightliner FL106/Metalfab

840/1500

Attached Files Image(s)

leaving Fort Garry Fire Trucks today for Leduc County, Alberta  P-2  2013 Fort Garry/Spartan Metro Star  1050/1000/10A/25B  s/n #M399

Attached Files Image(s)

Does anyone recognize this unit, supposedly it went to the Vancouver British Columbia area in 2004/2005 time frame? 

This is originally from Groveland Twp, MI (Holly, MI area) it is a 1992 International Darley.  From what I was told a dept from British Columbia flew in to Detroit

looked over the rig liked it enough that they purchased it on the spot and drove it home from here.

During 2004 Groveland Twp was making a major push to improve it's ISO rating and allowed the fire dept to purchase two custom chassis pumpers to go along with three tankers purchased a few years previously.  The department purchased two E\-One engines.  From what I recall this unit left months before the new one's arrived since the purchasing dept wanted it on the spot. 

Not sure why but I always really liked the looks of this rig.  Wish I had a serial number but alas for some reason I did not get it off this rig.

Thanks,

Kris

Banff, Alberta - 2013 Sabre/Encore - Job #26238

Attached Files Image(s)

Kamloops, British Columbia  2013 Plastisol on a 2011 Spartan Gladiator  1050/2200 (Imperial)

Attached Files Image(s)

Who sold this truck. The dept no longer purchase E\-One?

Quote:Kamloops, British Columbia  2013 Plastisol on a 2011 Spartan Gladiator  1050/2200 (Imperial)
North Westside,BC  E101  2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Int'l 7500  4x4  1050/800/25  s/n #M4e35   ! of 2 identical units for this department near Vernon, British Columbia

Attached Files Image(s)

Canadian Forces Base=Petawawa, Ontario  #2   2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Metro Star  1750/800/25A/25B  s/n #M431

Attached Files Image(s)

The Saskatchewan Association of Fire Chiefs (SAFC) is meeting in Yorkton SK this week. I was in Yorkton yesterday and managed to snap a few pictures of the trucks on display before the trade show actually opened. First up is a pumper on Spartan chassis by Acres Emergency Vehicles (formerly known as Green Acres). Acres is run by a Huterite Colony near Wawanesa MB The pump panel is behind the first roll up door behind the cab

Quote:The Saskatchewan Association of Fire Chiefs (SAFC) is meeting in Yorkton SK this week. I was in Yorkton yesterday and managed to snap a few pictures of the trucks on display before the trade show actually opened. First up is a pumper on Spartan chassis by Acres Emergency Vehicles (formerly known as Green Acres). Acres is run by a Huterite Colony near Wawanesa MB The pump panel is behind the first roll up door behind the cab
Picture missing
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Woops! I guess I should hit 'attach' before I hit 'post' Sorry My Bad!

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a rear quarter view of the Acres/Spartan Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)