Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rollover & Chopper Go, Aurora CO 3/21/13
On Thursday night around 19:45 the companies in my area were dispatched to a rollover accident with entrapment at Smoky Hill Road and Saddle Rock Trail.  While enroute the Battalion Chief requested a chopper on ground standby.  First arriving Rural Metro Medic 106 found a two car MVA with one on it's side and a party trapped.  After a quick evaluation command declared a chopper go.  Engine Co. 13 assisted with patient care and stretched a protection line while Truck 14 took stabilized the car and too the roof. 

I left home when they put the chopper on standby and arrived just before they landed (they had a 3 minute flight time from their base)

Battalion Chief 3 acting as ground contact for Denver AirLife 73

One of the AirLife Flight Crew members assisting with packaging the patient.

Moving to the chopper

AirLife 73 lifting off

It looks like this vehicle T-Boned the passenger side of the one that rolled.

Truck 14 blocking the scene

Last one

Nice work! I kinda like the vantage point you took of T14 blocking. I like that shot

Good work with really tough lighting conditions
Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
great avail light work bro!

Ken LaBelle

Capt Town of Lincoln Fire/Rescue 4
NRIFirePhotos.com
Great shots! Also a big fan of the "Truck 14 blocking" pic. 

Got one question. In the last picture on post 5 the truck on its side seems to still have battery power. Is it in the SOP's for you guys to secure a vehicles power source or no?

Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Thanks guys!

Engine410kid - I'm actually a new resident in Aurora's district so I'm not sure what their SOP's are; I would assume securing power is a task listed in the SOP though.  It looks like their Rescue 42 Jack is braced on the hood so they must have prioritized vehicle stabilization over electrical control.

Quote:Got one question. In the last picture on post 5 the truck on its side seems to still have battery power. Is it in the SOP's for you guys to secure a vehicles power source or no?
Good work on all the picbother good job