Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora, CO Haz-Mat 4/26/13
Around 10:00 a full haz-mat response was dispatched to 3350 Peoria Street at the Concentra Urgent Care.  A man with chemical burns from sodium hydroxide entered the facility and everyone he came into contact with began experiencing respiratory problems.  The man quickly left and drove himself to the nearby University Hospital ER.  Meanwhile crews at the urgent care found nearly a dozen people requiring precautionary decon.  The entire building was evacuated and HVAC shut down until entry crews could investigate air levels. 

Units lined up on the delta side of the building...

More ambulances moving into staging... The Headquarters for Rural Metro Aurora was conveniently located next door. 

AFD's Mass Decon Unit

Setting up the decon shower for the urgent care staff.  I had to move after this since the people exposed were being... exposed and wouldn't have appreciated a camera there.

A view looking down the alley from the other side

One of AFD's new PIO's gets her first incident in front of the cameras

After air reading came back the hot zone was pushed back to only the interior of the building.

AFD cross staffs their Haz-Mat unit with Engine & Truck 2.  Engine 12 staffs the Mass Decon Rig.

Last one... This is the EPA Haz-Mat unit that responded which I'd never seen before this incident.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Nice work.

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Do you know what happened when he got to the hospital? Did he contaminate that location too?

Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

Good pic and nice short of all the truck