Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
As we walked to the station, we could see it from a pretty good distance.  This big old honking station sits up on a hill.  I think it has about 10 apparatus bays with the ambulance service taking up about 3 of them in a smaller section of the building.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

St. Maarten has two of these rigs but only pulled out one.  It's a 2009 E\-One Typhoon 1250/1000 pumper, Job #135693.

Mark Carr photo

This 2009 E\-One Typhoon 1500/250/75' ladder is basically brand new.  Even the crosslays were empty; I didn't check the rear hose bed but I'd bet it probably was too.

Mark V. Carr photo

And, the newest rig in St. Maarten's fleet is this 2012 Ford F450/ProTech with a 250GWT. 

Mark Carr photo

I can't believe that they let you two foreigners into the airport, especially Jim!  It's a shame that American Citizens can't get into the fire station at Jacksonville Airport. Blah  :rant:  Deadhorse  Tisktisk  Banghead  Shrug

You got that right, Dave!  These guys bent over backwards to do whatever we wanted!  But, Jacksonville Airport - No!!!,,Darn lazy officer!

Now I'm going to post some photos from places that GA Dave either didn't shoot, or wasn't with us when we shot, during or after the Winter Thaw trip in Florida earlier this month.  First up is the Punta Gorda Airport Fire Station operated by Charlotte County, FL Fire-Rescue.

Engine 7 is a 2004 E\-One Cyclone II 1250/1000 pumper, job #128048.

Mark Carr photo

Attack 71 is a 2006 Ford F550/CRE 275/350/45F rig.

Mark Carr photo

Attack 7 is a 2007 E\-One Titan HPR 1500/1500/205F rig.

Mark Carr photo

Jim Kus and I were finally able to find the elusive Engine 9 of Hillsborough County, FL Fire Rescue.  Several of us have been trying for years to shoot it but every time we'd go there, the darn thing would be out of service for some mechanical issue or another.  The crew told us that was definitely typical of the rig and that its life with the department is short lived, that there would be a new one coming down the pike before long.  

Anywho, this one is a 2008 E\-One 2000/800/200F/55' Snozzle, Job #134154.

Mark Carr photo

HazMat 9 is a 2011 E\-One, Job #135919.

Mark Carr photo

Hillsborough County, FL's Foam 9 is a 2006 International/E-One 500/500/250F/500PK rig, Job #129713.

Mark Carr photo

Utility 9 is a 2009 International 7600/E-One Classic, Job #134440.

Mark Carr photo

Some of the group didn't care to shoot Forestry rigs but some of us do.  I hit quite the jackpot with FL Forestry and shot quite a few different rigs.  First up is this 1984 Chevrolet in Ft. Myers, FL.  

Mark Carr photo

This 2010 Freightliner M2 hauler and 2002 Caterpiller 650H dozer is stationed at Cecil Airport in Jacksonville, FL.

Mark Carr photo

This is a 2009 Ford F250 service truck stationed in Ft. Myers, FL.

Mark Carr photo

This was the grand prize!  It's a 1994 Kenworth tractor pulling a former Navy 1988 Kayln trailer and a Caterpillar D6M LGP dozer.  It's stationed in Nassau County, FL.

Anybody out there have any 1/64 scale Florida Forestry decals they want to sell?

Mark Carr photo

I found this 1993 White tractor and trailer in Lake City, FL.  

Mark Carr photo

I'm guessing this was a 199?ish International used as a fuel tender.  It's in Lake City, FL.

Mark Carr photo

This 2006 Sterling hauler and Caterpillar 650J dozer was found in Nassau County, FL.

Mark Carr photo