Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Nothing special, but it was there.  Even the little guys need love!  This attached to the HazMat Team and is a 2002 Ford F350.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Air 13 is said to be on it's way to becoming a spare due to high millage from running all over the county daily.  It's a 2003 Kenworth/Pierce.

Mark Carr photo

2003 Pierce Quantum 1500/750 Pumper as Engine 48, Job#13820-11.

Mark Carr photo

Here's one of Miami-Dade's Bariatric capable rescue units, a 2003 Sterling/Medic-Master.

Mark Carr photo

This is a 2004 ALF Eagle/LTI 1500/400/75' ladder.

Mark Carr photo

Well, I didn't know it until this day but there are two identical HazMat 17 rigs.  They'd just switched into this one when we shot it.  They rotate them to keep the millage fairly even.  This one is a 2004 Pierce Lance with job #15491-02.

Mark Carr photo

And here's the other one, shot the same day, at the same location.  It carries Pierce job #15491-01.

Mark Carr photo

Yeah, I know, it's the wrong side.  But since Jim and I had both shot the other side at the same location before, we shot it where it sat.  Aerial 13 is a 2006 Spartan/Rosenbauer-General Safety 1500/500/30F/65' ladder.  

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 52 is a 2007 International/Braun.

Mark Carr photo

Jim and I had both shot these before so we left them where they sat, one with the plow and one without.  They 143 2007 Mercedes Unimog//Pierce 250/1000/10F rigs.  Brush 1 carries job #18831-01 while Brush 2 bears job #18831-02.

Mark Carr photo

Rescue 3 is a 2008 Spartan Furion/Braun.

Mark Carr photo

Ladder 23 was at the shop for repair so we shot it where it sat.  it's a 2008 Spartan/Rosenbauer-General Safety 1500/500/30F/75' ladder, job #2805.

Mark Carr photo

And a 2010 Spartan Furion/Medic-Master rescue unit.

Mark Carr photo

Ok, boys and girls, I've saved the best for last.  Jim and I stumbled on this rig locked up in a bay.  Someone told us "NO", which to me means "CHALLENGE".  We settled for "NO" and went to lunch.  While downing some Pollo Tropical, my wheels started turning and smoke started coming out my ears.  I sent a text up to the right person, who called up to the right person, who called back down to the right person, who called further down to another right person.  When we got back to the shop, it was "Sure, what would you like us to do with it, where would you like it?"  The guys that pulled it out had never been able to even touch it before, had never been it in, much less ever drive it.  The guy that moved it was like a kid in a candy store!  

Anyway, as you can see, we scored in a BIG way.  I 'bout peed my pants myself!  I'm told there are actually two of these 2008 Peterbilt rigs.  I couldn't find anything about a manufacturer on the truck.  Anybody got any ideas?

Photo by Mark Carr

....and, the other side.

And, that is all for this trip folks!  Next trip, drive to Washington, fly to Alaska and back, drive back across the country to home.  Who knows what I'll come up with.  See yaa!

Mark Carr photo

Good stuff Mark. I wish I would have headed South instead of North.

I wish you had too John!

Quote:Jim and I had both shot these before so we left them where they sat, one with the plow and one without.  They 143 2007 Mercedes Unimog//Pierce 250/1000/10F rigs.  Brush 1 carries job #18831-01 while Brush 2 bears job #18831-02.

Mark Carr photo
Nice I havent been able to catch either of these two.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:my wheels started turning and smoke started coming out my ears
I've seen that happen to him before.  I'll be the first to tell you, it's a scary sight!!!

Great stuff, Mark.  Any idea what the big Petes are used for?

Great series of images, Mark!

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA