Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South St. Louis 1st Alarm; 05-07-13
Hey firepixers! I was looking around at the recent fires on here tonight and i figured i should post since its been awhile.. I got luck with this job a few days back! I worked monday night so i got tuesday night off. Anyways, my buddy calls me and says he has some photography books for me and that he is down the our bar. So i make it down and get the books and order a drink. about 1/4 of the way through said drink, H&L 3(quartered on the wedged-end of Christy Park ) gets dumped as the bar lights up it the new led red, white, and blue! $1 Pucker shots! Anyways, i decided it was a good a time as any to put those books in my truck. i sat down and listened to my scanner and heard Truck 35 responding from quarters. so i deceided to drive up the way H&L 3 had went up Delor ave. H&L 3A then reported "on the scene of a 1-story frame heavy smoke and fire showing, gimme the 1st alarm!" The first block up Delor is Ridgewood ave. I looked left down Ridgewood ave. and just two words came to mind... HOLY S***!!! If i would have came outside and looked up and to the left in the parking lot i would have said the same thing and parked in a better area. Kinda funny how things play out like that sometimes! Anyways, enough of my blabbing! Let get to some FIRE!!!!

At first the only visible fire was the rear and side windows on both sides B and D. my camera battery fell out of my bag on the way so i had to retrieve it. I missed the flashover.. Banghead Banghead Banghead

The good news is that Photo #2 was used on Fox 2, Kmox, STLtoday.com, and had to tell a few friends that im not famous!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One more and then around to the rear where i advised a few residents of the power line dangers because it was rollin'!

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are the last few. I was mostly talking with PIO Capt. Dan Sutter about what i saw when i arrived and that the neighbors all heard an explosion before the fire.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Great Shots !

What a fire to happen upon! Nice shots! Now, I just should pay St. Louis a visit and things will slow down! Wink

[color="#FF0000"]D Herndobler[/color]
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
nice job thanks

Wow, i s right. Great Photos!