• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
FDNY Eng 74

1957 Mack C85 #1003

Mack delivery photo

FDNY Eng 74

1957 Mack C85 #1003

Mack delivery photo

ok....that little Mercedes model is frickin awesome!!!

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
its a model

Quote:A simple google image search came up with this:

http://www.way2manyhobbies.com/FDNY_Mercedes.shtml
Hysterical
Ladder 34 2012 Seagrave
went into service last week

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just saw on Ferraras website a mitigation unit for haz-mat 1, is this truck going to replace the kenworth/pierce?
I love those macks.. must have been something else to see them for the first time given what they were replacing at the time..
Quote:I just saw on Ferraras website a mitigation unit for haz-mat 1, is this truck going to replace the kenworth/pierce?

Yeah
Impressive
Looking for some help from an FDNY brother. How do you guys like the convex mirror mounted off the right front corner of your rigs? is it useful? does it create any blindspot or does it help with visibility? We are thinking of adding them to our rigs being built....

thanks in advance....

Engine 26

2004 Ferrara

Taken in Summer 2011

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Looking for some help from an FDNY brother. How do you guys like the convex mirror mounted off the right front corner of your rigs? is it useful? does it create any blindspot or does it help with visibility? We are thinking of adding them to our rigs being built....

thanks in advance....
For what it's worth, we have one mounted on our rig (a 38' Heavy Rescue) as I drive all the time, I find it very useful, I use it all the time, mostly on turns checking clearance of my extended front bumper......I think it is an asset.
FDNY

1957 Mack C85 #1003-46

FDNY

1957 Mack C85 #1003-46

FDNY

1957 Mack C85 #1003-46

Quote:For what it's worth, we have one mounted on our rig (a 38' Heavy Rescue) as I drive all the time, I find it very useful, I use it all the time, mostly on turns checking clearance of my extended front bumper......I think it is an asset.
Hi...thanks for the reply about the mirrors. Do you have two on your rig? One off the front corner below the windshield and one "look down" off the roof?  am more interested in the one below the windshield....any comments on that one?

Thanks again for the reply...( was going to PM you but was unable)
Quote:Looking for some help from an FDNY brother. How do you guys like the convex mirror mounted off the right front corner of your rigs? is it useful? does it create any blindspot or does it help with visibility? We are thinking of adding them to our rigs being built....

thanks in advance....

Agree 100% with R1Smokeater! I've been an engine chauffeur, first in Midtown, and now in The Bronx for just about 10 years, and to me it's one of the most useful mirrors on the rig! Highly recommend them!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06

thanks in advance....
When you get the mirror try to get the 1/4 moon convex rather than the flat one. With the flat you only see the corner of the bumper and the 1/4 moon you can see all of the bumper and a little down the right side.

Ex-Ladder 10, 2001 Seagrave 100' RM is now retired from L-10, with the new Ferrara now in service. Mural has been removed, and it is getting ready to go into the spare pool.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com