Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Actually surprised they removed the mural from ExLadder-10 even though it will be a spare.
Quote:Actually surprised they removed the mural from ExLadder-10 even though it will be a spare.
Thats a shame is what it is. She what gorgeous, and still is.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Unbelievable!!! Jawdrop

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Looking for some help from an FDNY brother. How do you guys like the convex mirror mounted off the right front corner of your rigs? is it useful? does it create any blindspot or does it help with visibility? We are thinking of adding them to our rigs being built....

thanks in advance....

I gotta stand alone on this one. I think it's useless. I'll take the convex on top of the regular mirror (which reminds me of the old phone company van mirror setup), along with one on the bottom of the regular mirror that sticks on the mirror which I purchased at Pep Boys. Driving buses and trucks through the NYC area for many years, I think that particular mirror is just too small for me to use. And my vision is 20/20 or better. Marc and my Brother from the FAR North (lol) like them, but I never used it. Also,the mirror jutting out over the officers windshield is a great asset and highly recommended.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Quote:Actually surprised they removed the mural from ExLadder-10 even though it will be a spare.

The good part is the new truck has a similar mural on the side. I still think the mural on old Truck 10 was much nicer.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Tower Ladder 160 getting some work done..

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote: 

The good part is the new truck has a similar mural on the side. I still think the mural on old Truck 10 was much nicer.

I've seen the new rig. Have a pic to post here when I get a chance.
Ladder-10's new Ferrara:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

19-Truck, South Bronx. Ferrara:

38-Truck, Bronx. Ferrara

TL-53  City Island, Bronx.  Seagrave

TL-15, Lower Manhattan. Seagrave

Quote:TL-53  City Island, Bronx.  Seagrave
I see the Spartan/Marion/ aerialscope was replaced.  Is it a reserved truck?
Quote:I see the Spartan/Marion/ aerialscope was replaced.  Is it a reserved truck?

I hear they are completely getting rid of it. 
How does the city decide which companys get Ladders vs. Towers? 

Quote:How does the city decide which companys get Ladders vs. Towers? 

Over time the Dept figured out what was best for the areas they serve. It has been set for quite a while now, about half the trucks are TLs. so TLs replace TLs, Rearmounts replace RMs. and Tillers replace Tillers. (Although they lost a few TDAs to RMs recently)

Some Companies that run them are on their 4th or 5th generation TL.
Quote:I hear they are completely getting rid of it. 
as in brookfield?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote: 

I hear they are completely getting rid of it. 

I hope some other department is able to take it Vs. the junk guy. It has to be in decent shape!
Quote:as in brookfield?

Not sure, Dont think they want to keep it as a spare due to it begin unreliable. 
It is one of kind within FDNY's fleet, so that was probably one reason for it to go. There is nothing listed on http://www.copart.com/c2/copart_home_page.html yet.  Not sure if everything that goes to auction ends up here, but I have seen a lot of NYC stuff here.