Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newark/Northern Jersey Stuff
Quote:Very very true....Engine Co. 2 is getting the Seagrave rescue?

Yes they are. Last I heard the chassis ready to go. Has to be delivered to Rescue 1 in South Jersey and they will start to build the body for it.
Quote:Yeah newark still runs with many diffrent makes and models and colors. Here is engine 28 1989/2000 E-One white with blue strip
Some guys I met in the 80's from NFD indicated that all the rigs in what they called "Downtown" were always painted white.
Not sure what those guys meant by the downtown companies being white. I was just checking the record...as far as I can tell, the last new, white fire engine was delivered to T-8 in 1940. After that all apparatus were red until the early 1970s. The 1997-2003 E-1's are white with blue graphics, since 2008 all new apparatus are red. 

Quote:Your welcome. The shot came out great except for me not rolling up the drives window so I would not be in the shot. We got there 1/2 hour early for the wetdown the Scope hates long steep hills so we tried to make up for that. Our Snorkel was even worse with the hills. Going back to town was nice all down hill and coasting at 63 at points.

This time next year the Scope will be going up for sale. We will have our new Ladder Tower delivered by then. The lawyer is going over the bid now. And then the town will award the contract for it. Hopefully by the end of the month we will be flying out to Minnesota for pre-co.

Ehh no big deal, Im not picky with shots.
Nice pic

Closter Tower Ladder 769

2013 Pierce Arrow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Newark, NJ Engine 9 & Battalion 3 in front of their quarters at 197 Summer Ave

Attached Files Image(s)

Newark FD Ladder 8

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I believe this is a 1991 E-1 110' rearmount originally assigned to T-9. It began its career in the standard NFD Lime/white color scheme.

Upon further review, the above info is not correct. The 1991 E-1 assigned originally to T-9 went to T-4. Still checking on the above rig.

Thanks to some friends who helped me clear my mind. This is a 1997 E-1 110' rear mount. It was delivered to T-9 in the white/blue color scheme, later re-striped/new graphics while at T-8.

Quote:I believe this is a 1991 E-1 110' rearmount originally assigned to T-9. It began its career in the standard NFD Lime/white color scheme.

Upon further review, the above info is not correct. The 1991 E-1 assigned originally to T-9 went to T-4. Still checking on the above rig.

1997 E\-One 110'. Dont worry  Newark rotates rigs to companies like no tommorow 
Only in Newark will you find a Ladder truck up on blocks....

Seth Granville
Newark Spare Truck serving as Ladder 5

1987 E\-One 110' 

[Image: 4loex3.jpg]

Newark Tower Ladder 6 Former Tower Ladder 1

1997 Emergency One 95' 

[Image: 25oubyq.jpg]

Newark Engine 10

1997 Emergency One 1250/500

[Image: 10ri79u.jpg]

well i bet if you looked hard enough some of the pencil pushers have some on blocks in Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:Only in Newark will you find a Ladder truck up on blocks....

[Image: attachicon.gif]t5.jpg
Newark FD Master Stream Unit

Seth Granville
Newark Collapse rescue 

[Image: m360x.jpg]

Newark Foam 1 

2006 International/Foam 1

[Image: 2hhoars.jpg]

Newark Engine 6, ex engine 12,17 

2001 Emergency one

[Image: 2m7j8k0.jpg]