Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chief's travels
Harlem Roscoe 792  and now on to the processional with the Rockton police supervisor

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is Chief Kirk Wilson's Command vehicle who is chief Weavels predacessor also is the shift commander vehicle for Rockton fire

Quote:South Beloit c-36
For anyone keeping score, I'm 99% certain this was once a Win-Bur-Sew buggy.

We used Chief Weavel to run and grade incident tabletop evolutions for our folks testing for Lt. and Captain.  His shoes are going to be very tough to fill in that role.  He was a fantastic motivator, and always made me feel good about my skills and abilities.  He rode with me during one of those tabletop weekends when I was a Captain and was helping him do assessments at our station, and I had a command buggy (acting up) when we were called to an MVC which ended up with one of the cars into a house and a fatality due to a medical condition (that had caused the accident in the first place).  My boss at the time questioned (i.e. browbeat) me on scene about a size up that took "too long" due to the scene being over a block long from initial impact until one vehicle embedded itself into the house, and Chief Weavel defended me quite unashamedly and I'll remember this forever, "The F@%king kid ain't got wings, what did you expect?  He had to survey the entire scene you idiot!"  He was not known to hold back his opinions!

I'd like to think a lot of how I behave on incidents was ingrained in me from Chief Weavel...
I can hear that coming from his mouth exactly!!! He was never one to hold anything back and if he knew that something was right and you were doing it wrong he was sure as hell going to tell you how it should be done and that was that. Yes now you can be 100% that the south beloit buggy was in fact the old win bur sew buggy. I have not heard what they are going to do about a new squad have you? Last i heard they were going to look at the demo circuit however they want a walk in and there are not too many of those out there that are demo's
Quote:For anyone keeping score, I'm 99% certain this was once a Win-Bur-Sew buggy.

We used Chief Weavel to run and grade incident tabletop evolutions for our folks testing for Lt. and Captain.  His shoes are going to be very tough to fill in that role.  He was a fantastic motivator, and always made me feel good about my skills and abilities.  He rode with me during one of those tabletop weekends when I was a Captain and was helping him do assessments at our station, and I had a command buggy (acting up) when we were called to an MVC which ended up with one of the cars into a house and a fatality due to a medical condition (that had caused the accident in the first place).  My boss at the time questioned (i.e. browbeat) me on scene about a size up that took "too long" due to the scene being over a block long from initial impact until one vehicle embedded itself into the house, and Chief Weavel defended me quite unashamedly and I'll remember this forever, "The F@%king kid ain't got wings, what did you expect?  He had to survey the entire scene you idiot!"  He was not known to hold back his opinions!

I'd like to think a lot of how I behave on incidents was ingrained in me from Chief Weavel...
Last I heard they were remounting the Marion box on to one of the last Spartan Furion chassis floating around (i.e. cheap as it was a demo).  The box will be converted from a walk-in to a walk around.  Alexis was going to do the work.  Of course, I need to qualify that I'm not 100% certain this is what they ended up deciding.
The Win Bur Sew squad is at Alexis, there are pics on progress on Alexis' website, looks like it is staying on the same chassis.
I figured that that was what they were going to do there was slim to no chance that they were going to get a demo walk in
Quote:The Win Bur Sew squad is at Alexis, there are pics on progress on Alexis' website, looks like it is staying on the same chassis.
I just noticed that and came to post...  I'm pretty sure the old chassis was a "total loss" as the rig went over on its side in a ditch (gently, they say) after hitting a patch of black ice and suffered some sort of damage to the power train.  I suspect the body is still on the chassis as it's easier to drag around the dead chassis than pull the old body and mount it on a dolly then mount it to a new chassis.  I'll do some digging though.

They lucked out and only one member was injured.  Broken wrist I believe from all the stuff that flew around the walk-in area of the box where they were riding.  The other "rumor" was their insurance company essentially shafted the department on this as the policy was not "agreed value."  Story was they only got $30,000 or so for their rig's value.  Win-Bur-Sew just replaced an ambulance due to a unit blowing an engine, bought a tanker and a couple of utility vehicles.  They did not need this expense right now.

Ok here is Rockton's Brush rig 1466

Here is 1 charlie 22 and engine 1401

Here is the beast KME squad 1441 when they first got chief weavel was still there and i was still selling equipment and he could not buy enough to fill that truck he had double coffins up top and could not fill them. Unless things have been changed from what it had there were tools accessible from each side and front and back of the truck. Also here is South Beloit c-36 which yes was Win-Bur-Sews old buggy

Image(s)

here is south Beloit c-35 and harlem Roscoe 792 And this one im not sure where this one is from Joel You will have to help me out with this one im HOPING it is ROCKFORD vehicle but im not sure

Image(s)

I was glad to see this department there Here is Pecatonica's Chiefs Buggy and pleasant prairie wisconsin as well as boone county district 1

Attached Files Image(s)

TA DA next we have the freshly washed and waxed North Park engine 802 looking good

Next up is North Park 847 so shiny you can see the reflction from it Do you classify that as a squad joel I think you do but i could be wrong.

Next up is shirland engine 1602 and im not going to mention anything else about that!!!! Bite my tongue!!!!!!!!!!

Here is South Beloit engine 3

here is Harlem Roscoe 763

Quote:here is south Beloit c-35 and harlem Roscoe 792 And this one im not sure where this one is from Joel You will have to help me out with this one im HOPING it is ROCKFORD vehicle but im not sure
The bare red one is North Park.  This will be marked somehow in upcoming months...  2012 Suburban 2500.
Quote:Next up is North Park 847 so shiny you can see the reflction from it Do you classify that as a squad joel I think you do but i could be wrong.
Manpower squad, more or less intended to chase medicals if we're staffed heavy enough.  Light enough that more folks can drive it, and if an engineer can stay back we'll send these rigs on EMS runs.  Lots of variables decide what goes...

Also has a four bottle cascade and fill station, so it's a handy little rig that didn't cost us that much, and has held up very well.  Only wish it had four wheel drive.

1999 Ford F-350/Monroe  (Stahl box)