Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora, CO Defensive House Fire 7/13/13
Around 10:30 Saturday morning tones went out for a structure fire at 4634 South Norfolk Way.  As I turned out of my house and looked west there was already a well developed column in the air.  My fiancé was riding shotgun and took a few photos of the column on the way in.  Neighbors reported explosions and a person burned, prompting a special call for another Engine & Medic.

When I arrived I spoke to a neighbor who recorded the first moments of the fire on his cell phone.  He lives 4 houses away, said he heard an explosion while in his backyard and by the time he made it to the sidewalk the two car garage was already fully involved.  The neighbor is John Childs, allowed me to use his video.

Video capture....

http://youtu.be/WgEnLNMu1mw

There was quite a traffic mess and crowd since everyone else saw the column.  When I arrived there was already a good knock on the garage but fire had extended into the attic above the house.

Tower 6 opened up the roof and found a well involved attic space.

There wasn't much left of the garage.  The homeowner had some oxygen, acetylene and a couple thousand rounds of ammo inside.

Engine 7 was the special called company, it took them a while to navigate the streets and lay in a 2nd water supply.

Last one... Engine 7 pulling supply to Tower 6 for defensive operations if needed.  Crews performed overhaul and chased fire for a few hours.  The homeowner was transported to University Hospital with serious burns to his arms. 

Great pictures i saw the video of this fire on another site.

Dave
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:Great pictures i saw the video of this fire on another site.

Thanks!  Yes, Dave Statter posted the video also after we talked.  Our local media overheard me speaking with the neighbor and quickly jumped on the video too.
Nice shots. Love the Bronto.

Cool pics of the Bronto working!
Good pic of all truck and house fire