Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierce 100th Anniversary Parade 7-13-2013
Quote:Trav, Is this original to Jonesboro? If not,was it from Perryville,MD.? They had a twin if not the same one.

It is original to them- I've seen the Athearn release of the Perryville rig, but never an actual photo. From what I've been told there were a "handful" of these made, but who's to say what a handful is, and Jonesboro and Perryville are the only 2 I know of.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:It is original to them- I've seen the Athearn release of the Perryville rig, but never an actual photo. From what I've been told there were a "handful" of these made, but who's to say what a handful is, and Jonesboro and Perryville are the only 2 I know of.

Trav!
2 different body styles
The Athearn model is not prototype, as it uses a KME body.
Perryville photo is post #1365 in the Ford C thread.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Thank you! That's the first photo I've seen of it, I had a feeling it wasn't actually a KME, because that's the same body they used for all of the releases. These are the only 2 I've ever seen in this livery, do you know the current status of the Perryville rig?

Trav!

Quote:Trav, Is this original to Jonesboro? If not,was it from Perryville,MD.? They had a twin if not the same one.
Perryville had a different rig, but the identical paint scheme.  The Perryville rig had a top mount pump and high side compartments.  I've also seen photos of another Ford C/Pierce in the same scheme, but it had a "Minuteman" body.
Quote:Perryville had a different rig, but the identical paint scheme.  The Perryville rig had a top mount pump and high side compartments.  I've also seen photos of another Ford C/Pierce in the same scheme, but it had a "Minuteman" body.
Well, better late than never! Doh
Highspire Pa also had a Ford C Pierce painted that way. Not sure if it was one of the two listed.
It wasn't, but I'd like to find a photo of all of them to put together and show the Jonesboro guys

This paint scheme was used on some Pierce bicentenial demos. There is a Ford Squrt or telesqurt in New Jersey which was origionally done this way.

Jonesboro Ford C in a 1976 Firehouse ad
Highspire's was a 1967 Ford C/ALF; POST #66 IN Ford C thread.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another 1976 Pierce ad showing a 3rd Ford C with a Bicentennial paint job.

Attached Files Image(s)

THANKS to all replies..... Didn't realize bodies were different...Old Age strikes again!!

Well here some more from last Saturday's parade;

A.J.Ramming
Next in line was one of several Honolulu rigs.  There were a whole bunch more sitting arpound the plant nearing completetion.

A.J.Ramming
Here's a rear shot of the Benton Co rig and a Stryker crash rig

A.J.Ramming
Here are the next ones in line

A.J.Ramming
Here are the next rigs, another Stryker and tanker

A.J.Ramming
Followed by an early Chevy mini-pumper and a local FD pumper