Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BCFDphotoman's travels here and there!
One of Alexandria VA. Engine 210:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When did you take the Alexandria Photo? And where was E210 housed as I don't think the new Station open yet?

Trey White
Quote:When did you take the Alexandria Photo? And where was E210 housed as I don't think the new Station open yet?
These were apparatus' prepping to go into the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore yesterday. They will be on display at the show for the dealers represented.

No Seagraves or E-Ones showed up this year!
Is the show in Baltimore or NY State? There were no closer Ferraras, Spartan ERVs or KMEs than from upstate NY and Long Island?  Icon_crazy

Quote:Is the show in Baltimore or NY State? There were no closer Ferraras, Spartan ERVs or KMEs than from upstate NY and Long Island?  Icon_crazy
Its suppose to be in Baltimore but you wouldn't know it!! Apparently not, KME and Spartan had all apparatus from New York state and Pierce had all of our local apparatus.

The only other big dealer there was Rosenbauer. They had the new Baltimore County tiller Truck 5 on display.
Wow 2 shows in 1 month that Seagrave just doesn't even bother coming to, and the last 2 years at FDIC they didn't even attempt to make a strong appearance. If I remember right, one of the trucks wasn't even done this year (decals)

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Many MFG's quit going to Baltimore because of costs and poor turn out.
I'm guessing that the Lynbrook, NY Ferrara was on it's way to Long Island to be delivered, so it was probably planned for it to be there on the way up from Louisiana, but the other rigs like from Latham and Schuyler Heights are in service units. I understand they get a lot of attendees from NY State, but do they need to see rigs from NY State? You would think if costs were a problem, they'd cut down by bringing rigs from the area the show is in, not from hundreds of miles away! 

Quote:Many MFG's quit going to Baltimore because of costs and poor turn out.
​Harrisburg is still the best show for the money, an plenty of dealers still show their goods there.  Plus the Harrisburg metro area is far more accommodating. 
Fort Indiantown Gap FD picked got a neat little new piece:

Brush 75

2013 International/Pierce

500/450/50

They also have a 2011 Oshkosh Striker 1500:

And their first line engine:

2010 KME

1500/500/40

A few rigs from the Harrisburg Airport:

First up Engine 701

2000 Oshkosh TI 3000S

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 702:

1998 E\-One Titan

Engine 703:

2002 KME

And the Command Bus 700:

1997 Bluebird Bus

Wiconisco has an unusual tanker for roaming up on the mountains.

1988 Oshkosh/03 WVFD

250/3000

The other side:

They also picked up a rescue squad from Bedford,  PA:

1995 Spartan Gladiator/Saulsbury

Howard,

Nice pics from up in PA, thanks for sharing.

Pat L.
Battalion Chief-Howard County Fire Rescue