Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minneapolis, MN 2nd Alarm (Commercial Structure) - July 31, 2013
Kind of like this silhouette shot...

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the chief officers...

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 7's driver. Engine 7 was operating with Spare 7's Freightliner/General rig and was used to supply Engine 19. I believe he was also supplying Ladder 2.

Attached Files Image(s)

Chief of Department Fruetel

Attached Files Image(s)

We men love our remote controls!!!  Hysterical

Attached Files Image(s)

Knocking the kinks out of Engine 11's supply line.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another cool silhouette shot (IMO)...

Attached Files Image(s)

"I think it's going to be a long night..."

Last one from me. Thanks for looking.

For those of you interested in the history of the Minneapolis and St. Paul fire departments, check out the Extra Alarm Association webpage. You can also keep up with incidents here in the Twin Cities metro at Twin Cities Fire Wire. 

http://www.extraalarm.org

http://twincitiesfirewire.com

Attached Files Image(s)

Terrific shots! Very nice. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Fantastic shots.

Well my photos are not as Nearly as good as Scotts But I have a Couple Different Angles I can post here.

As Scott Said this Started as a Fire Alarm Initial Assignment Engine 19, 7, Ladder 3, Chief 3.   Engine 19 Located just down the Road arrived with Heavy smoke showing, and Requested the Full Assignment, bringing Engine 11, Ladder 11, Rescue 9, Chief 5, Deputy, Mobile Command, and Salvage to the Scene. Engine 19 Made Entry and Had High Heat conditions but could not located the Fire, the kept calling for ladder crews to vent to roof and front of the structure but just as Ladder 11 was starting to enter the roof all crews were pulled out of the structure and off of the roof and into Defensive strategy. a 2-2 Alarm was sounded brining Engine 1,5, Ladder 2. and Sending Chief 1 Downtown to the Dispatch Center. I left for the scene right as crews were pulled out. and Fire began to self ventilate just as I was getting off of the highway.

[Image: 007.jpg]

Due to the Large antenna around on the Charlie/Delta Side most of the shots from the get go were from the alpha side. PD wanted to try and keep the back locked down pretty tight, and I didn't want to show off by catching the tower bare handed.

Engine 19 again Alpha Side she was really cooking when I got there. I played with the color on this one a little bit. Its the Same photo as above.

[Image: 005.jpg]

Engine 19, Ladder 11 Flowing Duel Stream, and The Salvage rig with the headlights blinding me.

[Image: 013.jpg]

Some of the first in crews changing out bottles.

[Image: 021.jpg]

Engine 7 Using Spare Engine 7. Supplying Ladder 11.

[Image: 027.jpg]

I love some of you Other "More Experienced" Photographers B/W photos so I thought I would give it a whirl. I tried to Find a Fireman to turn off all of the headlights.....

[Image: 028.jpg]

Still Huffing away....

[Image: 048.jpg]

I managed to sneak around back. I learned make friends with the Cops and that can go along way. You can See the Tower that collapsed. That was one of the most interesting thing I have seen on a Fire ground. Everyone running. due to you couldn't tell which way the tower was going.

[Image: 069.jpg]

First Due Truck Company Ladder 3, I was told there ladder device is Technically not in working order. something with frame work.

[Image: 064.jpg]

Back to my favorite Corner

[Image: 083.jpg]