Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Pacific NW tour July 2014 (Burns OR, Prineville OR, Winthrop WA
Another perk of the job, smoke and mountains can create some spectacular sunrises / sunsets.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aaron Woods
Awesome shots! Thanks for sharing.

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Great pictures, really enjoyed this series.

Great shots and narration Aaron.

Great stuff!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Really enjoyed the pics!  Thanks!

I always love when you post these Aaron, gives a look into something that many don't get a chance to see, and you cover it very well anyhow.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Great Photos!

Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
Thanks, I try to get shots that give some feel for the work.

Aaron Woods
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Many thanks for taking the time to post your pictures, and for providing a fantastic "inside look"

Stay safe

Kevin

Great series, Aaron.

Several members of our Type III IMT were shadowing this week with the Type I and Type II teams in Washington, they were filling C&G roles of course, so not a lot of "action shots."  We're VERY lucky to have been formed in November 2011 but our very aggressive team leader has gotten us some very, very learning assignments on your side of the country.  Much respect for those of you who do wildland fires for a living.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Taylor, the department where I'm a commissioner (Gig Harbor) had a battalion chief (I believe) on the IMT at the Carlton Complex fire, along with several other full time and volunteer people out with a brush truck, tender, and engine. Small world...
Captain,

Excellent story telling of the "big picture" for support of a major wildfire utilizing the photographs.  Many of us on the East Coast have not been exposed to the needs or conditions of behind the lines to keep an army moving.  The attention to detail for the aerial support capabilities and their origins really provides a novice with a fantastic appreciation.

Awesome stuff.lots of respect for what those guys do.