Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Littleton, CO 3rd Alarm & Mayday 8-11-14
This morning Littleton Firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire at 5535 South Lowell Blvd.  Companies reported black smoke in the air from across the city.  Initial companies found a middle row, two story unit well involved with fire.  The building is off-set from the street over 100 feet and required an extended 2 1/2" lay gated down to 1 3/4" attack lines.  A second alarm was quickly called and crews began an offensive attack.  An Alpha and Charlie Division were established and fire was traveling laterally through the attic.  Englewood Engine 21 was operating on the second floor of the fire unit when conditions deteriorated and ceiling / attic collapsed.  They transmitted a mayday and the designated RIT company made entry.  The crew safely exited the building with all members accounted for and no injuries.  Due to the structure failing a defensive strategy was declared in the fire unit and offensive strategy in the exposure units.  

I arrived late in the game but still caught some decent photos.  First up and not seen around these parts... South Metro Engine 38 beached the back lawn...

Alpha side

Engine 33 working in the Bravo-1 exposure

Back on the Charlie Side

Tower 32 opening up

Engine 11

Incident Command Post and rehab in the shade

Littleton's Battalion Chief, Training Chief and Chief of Department

And the bad side of beaching the grass...

Engine 38 was quite stuck!

Tower 32

Last one with Engine 33's crew

Quote:Littleton's Battalion Chief, Training Chief and Chief of Department

[Image: attachicon.gif]Lowell14.JPG

I know this is probably an obtuse and off topic question.  My apologies in advance.  I suspect the gentleman on the left is a Battalion.  What determines what color the chiefs wear?  I would guess the training chief is in white and department chief in navy.

The only reason I ask is we just went to a navy button up for line personnel and white for officers.  Overall they look great and the guys look very professional (we're part time staffing, no one is full time).  I'm very worried about the longevity of the white.  I'd have no problem wearing navy because I know I personally will have a hard time keeping my white shirt white.  Just curious how others do this.  I could care less about having a white shirt as an officer personally...
Quote:I know this is probably an obtuse and off topic question.  My apologies in advance.  I suspect the gentleman on the left is a Battalion.  What determines what color the chiefs wear?  I would guess the training chief is in white and department chief in navy.

The only reason I ask is we just went to a navy button up for line personnel and white for officers.  Overall they look great and the guys look very professional (we're part time staffing, no one is full time).  I'm very worried about the longevity of the white.  I'd have no problem wearing navy because I know I personally will have a hard time keeping my white shirt white.  Just curious how others do this.  I could care less about having a white shirt as an officer personally...

No worries... All Chief ranks at Littleton wear black pants and can choose between a black or white shirt as they see fit. Some of them wear white pretty much all the time and I've never seen or heard any complaints about it. Denver's District / Battalion Chief's wear white uniform shirts all the time and are probably in and out of bunker gear more than any other chief group in Colorado... They don't seem to have any problems either.
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Is the operator putting foam in Engine 11 or is that DEF?

John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.