Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Terry's Tid Bits II
Quote:East Tawas,Michigan runs this Pierce Lance 75' quint.

Terry

Toneslider can confirm this, but, with the exception of the warning lights over the crew doors, this looks to be Castle Rock, Colorado's circa 1992 75' quint.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:Here's the pump panel in the cab facing forward.They think it is the only one Pierce has done this way so comment are welcome.

Terry
The only comment I have on them is since they have all those beautiful trucks why dont they spend a little money and put a cement or paved pad infront of their station to drive out on instead of the grass?
Their station burned down several months ago and they are using a pole building until the station is rebuilt.

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Quote:Toneslider can confirm this, but, with the exception of the warning lights over the crew doors, this looks to be Castle Rock, Colorado's circa 1992 75' quint.

Quote:Toneslider can confirm this, but, with the exception of the warning lights over the crew doors, this looks to be Castle Rock, Colorado's circa 1992 75' quint.
Had a sticker on the windshield shaped like Texas...

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Munising,Michigan runs this Pierce Contender.

Terry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Here Munising's Pierce Arrow Tele-squirt. Sorry about the quality but my camera was/is having issues...

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Here Munising's Pierce Arrow Tele-squirt. Sorry about the quality but my camera was/is having issues...

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Quote:Here Munising's Pierce Arrow Tele-squirt. Sorry about the quality but my camera was/is having issues...

Terry

Ex-US NAVY?  Quantico maybe???
Hmmm, maybe Army? Fort Monmouth had a similiar unit, I believe Engine 3? The blue in the scotchlite stripe seems to point that direction.

This Tele Squrt was one of the 18 Pierce Arrow's purchased by the Marine Corps between 1987 and 1988. Most all of them were rebuilt between 2000 and 2004 with four door cabs, some with air conditioning and upgrades in the warning lights. If anyone has the Pierce serial number or USMC property number I should be able to track its original base assignment.

Tom Shand

Winchester, Virginia

Sorry I don't collect info as much as I used to but I thought they said it was from around the great lakes region.

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Quote:This Tele Squrt was one of the 18 Pierce Arrow's purchased by the Marine Corps between 1987 and 1988. Most all of them were rebuilt between 2000 and 2004 with four door cabs, some with air conditioning and upgrades in the warning lights. If anyone has the Pierce serial number or USMC property number I should be able to track its original base assignment.

Tom Shand

Winchester, Virginia
The Tele-squrt from Paris Island USMC Recruit Training Center in South Carolina had the same blue stripe in the middle of the white stripe, this may be where it came from.
You got it......I just found it in an older copy of FAJ I had..... I was way off  lol
I finally caught up with West Hempfield's Spartan/SVI rescue.Not sure of it's age but I have been chasing it several years.

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
On the other hand it only took one trip to find this 2014 Kenworth/4-Guys 1500/3500 tanker.

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Here's the other side...

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Here's a shot of the pump and compartment.The pipe going up and around is a drying system which I thought was neat.

Terry

Attached Files Image(s)

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
West Hempfield's old Mack R Tanker was purchased by Chester County PA Station 25 - Longwood. 

Cumbeland,Md runs this Sutphen tower. Spends alot of time facing west by the  looks of the faded paint on the front of the cab...

Terry

Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
West Hempfield received the rescue on January 15, 2009.  So it is either a 2008 or 2009.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada