Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
Quote:[Image: attachicon.gif]k.jpg

I just shot this on Monday myself.  Did you and I happen upon the same rig on Rt 29 within days of one another?

Quote:Ex-KAPL(navy site in West Milton NY) engine.  It was bought by a farmer and made into a tanker for the farm,which then became a dump,then later after the farmer died he left it to his kids which parked it road side and tried to sell it but with no luck. Then they sold the property to the Wine Company thats there now and they used it for a bit as a display if you want to call it but then moved it to the tree line.

Thanks for the history, I was wondering what the story was behind it!
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:Ex-KAPL(navy site in West Milton NY) engine.  It was bought by a farmer and made into a tanker for the farm,which then became a dump,then later after the farmer died he left it to his kids which parked it road side and tried to sell it but with no luck. Then they sold the property to the Wine Company thats there now and they used it for a bit as a display if you want to call it but then moved it to the tree line.
KAPL stands for Knoll Atomic Power Labs, I believe.

Jon U.
You are right..... They have 2 locations in the Capital District.  The one in West Milton(Saratoga Co) is the nuclear sub training site.....Yeah I know its thousands of miles away from any ocean......And the other is in Niskyaunia(Schenectady Co) and that is the main lab.  Both are run by Lockheed Martan.   I used to make deliverys there and one stop was the fire stations....Both of them need to be expanded big time....Its tight!    But if you  ask me what they do there.... I say....  They make Girl Scout Cookies..lol

Quote:But if you  ask me what they do there.... I say....  They make Girl Scout Cookies..lol
I've always wondered where they made those cookies......
I used to also work at a place that made Girl Scout cookies, the one station needed expanded but couldn't because of space and... shall we say geological reasons, the other station I am happy to report was very nice and large!

I saw this in downtown LA. Lettered for Genoa E442

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Village of Boyle Alberta

1923(?) ALF

Permanently displayed behind an antique store.

See next pic for more details.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
A sign posted with the ALF outlining its history in the Village.  Not sure on the accuracy of the info provided.

Bob

Port McNicoll, Ontario

1957 Dodge/American Marsh

Found in farm country of Brant County, Ontario

Attached Files Image(s)

Bob

The Ex. Leechburg, PA, Ex. Indiana, PA Hendrickson Snorkel sitting in a scrapyard in Kittanning, PA.  This was replaced by a Rosenbaur in February.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
I found this neat old Dodge down in Greene County, TN this weekend.  No idea who build the body or where it served.  Didn't want to venture onto private property.  Does anybody have any further details they can provide?

Andrew Messer Photo

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Shot near Phoenix Glendale border. No info

Quote:Shot near Phoenix Glendale border. No info
Early 1950's American LaFrance 700 Series, 750 GPM.
Quote:Shot near Phoenix Glendale border. No info
Former Reno FD rig. It is in the current issue of FAJ, as the "Parting Shot".
Quote:while on vacation in Clearwater fl i found this rig sitting at a repair shop in largo. it is a international dnt know the year
I believe this Engine an a Yellow one of the same vintage were purchased from the US Navy, the Yellow one sat in a boat yard in Key West Fl for some time. The owner of the one in KW told me they were both former Navy rigs bought at autcion.
Saw this outside of St Charles IL a few years ago

Also saw this one outside St Charles IL

Deptford NJ DEFINITELY!!! 9-7 was helping hand. They now have a new 9 number after the merging of stations.

Yes it is Deptford NJ. They have it back now. It was painted White over red & now has a roof.
Well it became a sad ending but not after a valiant fight. was sacrificed for 3 other wlf's. rust and electrical got us... FOREVER YELLOW BIRD!!!