Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omaha, NE - Working Fire - September 20, 2014
I shot these a couple of weeks ago.

<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;">House fire at 12634 Anne Street in Omaha. Fire was reported about 4:15 pm. Companies responding were E61, E65, E60, T61, M61, Rescue 30, Rescue 33, Battalion 5, Battalion 6, and EMS Supervisor 1. 

<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;">The fire appeared to start in the basement. Unfortunately, a dog perished in the blaze.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Still a bit of fire in the walls.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quickly taken care of...

Attached Files Image(s)

Omaha is big on truck work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Truck 61 was running with a spare HME/Central States/RK aerial.

All Omaha trucks are dry (no pump or tank). 

I haven't quite figured out the numbering system in Omaha. All units share the station number (E61, T61, M61…). I believe the first digit is the battalion number.

I have noticed that reserve engines have '8' as the second number (even through there is a front-line E78) and the reserve trucks and rescues have '9' as the second number. 

Attached Files Image(s)

I believe that specs are being written for a new air truck.

First due E61

Omaha runs several pumper/tenders on the west side of town. All have 1000-gallon tanks, portable tanks, and Newton dump valves in the rear. I believe that these rigs are assigned to E56, E63, E65, E71, E77, and E78. The newest two (E56/E71) have the portable tanks inside the body and high-side compartments on the officer's side of the rig.

Not the best shot of this rig. I believe that E60 is the last front-line engine running in the old cream over yellow scheme. Very distinctive...

Rescue 33 was running with a spare E\-One.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Officers wear black helmets while firefighters and engineers wear red helmets. Omaha issues traditional style helmets, but many members don't have shields. Must be optional...

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 5 was the IC.

That's all. Thanks for looking. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice Shots! 

Thanks for sharing.

Good shots! Love seeing Omaha in action.