Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
LAFD
Truck 69
1957 Crown/1960 Seagrave 100' TDA.
Pacific Palisades area.

Originally a 1960 Seagrave, but the Tractor was destroyed in an accident. A 1957 Crown pumper was rebuilt into a tractor by LAFD Shop forces.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LAFD
Truck 70
Northridge Area

1982 Seagrave 100' TDA

Seen before its initial assignment at the Fire Shops.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:LAFD

Truck 69

1957 Crown/1960 Seagrave 100' TDA.

Pacific Palisades area.

Originally a 1960 Seagrave, but the Tractor was destroyed in an accident. A 1957 Crown pumper was rebuilt into a tractor by LAFD Shop forces.
They did a great job - Even reused the original Seagrave fenders...

Great set of photos - Please post more!
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
LAFD

Truck 9
Skid Row

1977 Seagrave 100' TDA.

Unknown Engine Company using a reserve Crown in the background. Check out those crazy gas prices across the street.

Quote:They did a great job - Even reused the original Seagrave fenders...

Great set of photos - Please post more!
Thanks, I intend to add more as soon as I get them scanned. Slow process, stay tuned.
A few brand new 1982 Seagrave Triples seen at the Shops. The one on the right would become Engine 298 in Pacoima.

Last one for now.

Truck 39 (Van Nuys)
1960 Seagrave 100' TDA.
Circa 1982

Drill Tower in background has long since been demolished for more room at the shops.

Los Angeles CITY FD Rescue 51
Rescue Ambulance 51
2014 Dodge 4500/Northstar Emergency Vehicles

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[Image: 026_zpsddef70f3.jpg]

Fire 4 refilling.
Does anybody know what company was originally assigned 1999 Dash (Pierce #)EC-031-01 and the corresponding shop number?

Quote:Does anybody know what company was originally assigned 1999 Dash (Pierce #)EC-031-01 and the corresponding shop number?

LA City shop #60552 that I had as originally assigned to Engine 84 and later re-assigned to Engine 409 (saw it at a greater alarm fire as E409 on video just the other day).
LAFD has signed a 10 year deal with Pierce to build 70 Tillers mounted on the Aarow XT cab, 7 will be delivered in the first year.

http://www.piercemfg.com/en/pierce/news/LA-Tillers.aspx
NICEEEE

In January 2015, the LAFD will begin a major reorganization of the Department’s Emergency Services Bureau, creating four distinct geographic bureaus, each with a Deputy Chief reporting directly to the LAFD Chief Deputy of Emergency Operations.

The four bureaus, Central (at Fire Station 3 near the Civic Center), South (at the San Pedro City Hall complex), Valley (at Fire Station 88 in Sherman Oaks) and West (at Fire Station 82 in Hollywood

http://lafd.org/news/la-fire-chief-outli...ation-plan
Quote:LAFD has signed a 10 year deal with Pierce to build 70 Tillers mounted on the Aarow XT cab, 7 will be delivered in the first year.

http://www.piercemfg.com/en/pierce/news/LA-Tillers.aspx
It will be interesting to see how they like the TDAs since they've experienced some issues with the Dash & Arrow XT pumpers over the years.  I wonder if Pierce came in lower to get their foot back in the door and try to increase it's visibility with a large department in SoCal since KME has been increasing it's presence over the past few years.   

Can anyone elaborate on what was redesigned to get the TDA's down to 56'?
Well considering the ArrowXT was originally designed for LAFD I guess it will be a fitting return for Pierce in the area. I did notice that there is no TAK-4 mentioned in the posted spec which as I understand was LAFD's shops biggest complaint because of the maintenance needs of TAK-4

As far as the redesign, it will be close with their standard designs. The Baltimore City units are 57'1 3/4" as built according to the drawings. If you eliminate the TAK4 that will save about 11" in wheelbase and if you flushmount the front bumper you can pick up 3" or so which puts you at 55' 11 3/4". That being said, LA City has a larger tractor compartment than the Pierce offer so they could redesign a short XT (the new Enforcer cab) that will knock 7" (67" to 60") out of the cab that can be placed in the tractor compartment. 

Quote: If you eliminate the TAK4 that will save about 11" in wheelbase...

How does eliminating IFS reduce wheelbase?

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote: 

How does eliminating IFS reduce wheelbase?
I'm wondering that myself...... To clarify the original ArrowXT was designed for LAFD.