Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Does anyone happen to know who won the bid for the 6-8 Calgary Fire Engines? The tender went out in July.... but I haven't been able to find any information

Engine 4, I was told that Safetek, the Canadian rep for Smeal, has secured a multi year order for future apparatus, starting with 14? custom chassised CAFS engines.

There are many companies supplying fire fighting, first aid, and emergency services to remote oilfield operations in parts of Alberta. This summer I came across this combination shower/fire suppression rig near Calgary operated by another company, HSE Integrated Services, which is similar in use to the rig BIG DAVE posted recently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Engine 4, I was told that Safetek, the Canadian rep for Smeal, has secured a multi year order for future apparatus, starting with 14? custom chassised CAFS engines.
Thank you so much!!!!!
just on the British Columbia side of their border with Alberta, Field, BC will soon be receiving this 2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-106  4x4  1050/800/20A/20B pumper.  s/n is #M592

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Dave Is this Fort Garry slated to replace Field's 1991 #D/Simon Duplex 1050/840 Pumper?

not sure Warren.  I'll ask around and get back to you.

Thanks Dave. I appreciate that. The Field 3D/Simon Duplex is pictured on Shane MacKichan's site "Vancouver Firepics". In his photos of the Field rigs all of them are lettered for Parks Canada (Field is in Yoho National Park) but the new Fort Garry isn't. I'm wondering if with the new pumper Parks Canada isn't handing over fire protection for the town to local authorities.

Warren,

still don't know the fate of the 3D pumper but it was indeed Parks Canada (Gov't of Canada) that ordered the new pumper from FGFT.

Thanks again Dave.

Marwayne, Alberta  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Ford F650   16' walk-in

Attached Files Image(s)

Elmwood, Ontario  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan MS-X  1050/800/25  s/n #M562

Attached Files Image(s)

East Wellington, BC  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL114SD  420/2500  Firovac  s/n #M557.

Thank you to all the members who contribute to this site.  Happy New Year! 

Attached Files Image(s)

Richmond B.C. Ladder 7 is this 2014 Pierce Dash with 1250 gpm pump, 358 gallon water tank, 42 gallon foam cell and 105' aerial.

Attached Files Image(s)

The City of North Vancouver B.C. runs this 2001 Hub Ford F 550 as Rescue 10.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fort Simpson, North West Territories (NWT)  2015 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Ford F550  4x4   12' box  s/n #M565  

Attached Files Image(s)

E414 in Steinbach, Manitoba   2014 Acres/Spartan Gladiator  1250/700/30  

here is the image

Attached Files Image(s)

No snow Dave?

very little so far this winter.  The many snowmobilers are complaining.  Also, it has been not nearly so cold as last winter.  Of course, every sunny day seems to be a cold one (minus 30 C with the wind chill when I photographed Steinbach's new pumper)