Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique and unique colored Apparatus
My favorite from Minoa is this 1953 Mack 750/300

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From Onondaga County, NY the Spafford FD runs this unique 1993 GMC/US Tank 1000/1500.

Also in Onondaga County, Lakeside Fire District runs this 2003 Spartan/Saulsbury heavy rescue.

From Gatineau, Quebec, this 1995 Spartan GT-1/Carl Thibault 1050/800. The GT-1 was not a very popular cab for fire apparatus, thankfully in my humble opinion!!

From Arnprior, Ontario comes this 2003 International/Carl Thibault 1250/300/100 foot boom, that was remounted and refurbished from a Windsor, Ontario ladder.

From Canadian Forces Base Petawawa, this 1994 International 4x4/Foam Boss 250/1000 was one of 2 identical units here.  Both have since been replaced.

Also at CFB Petawawa, was this 2002 Western Star 4x4/Foam Boss 250/1000.  This has also been replaced.

Still calling CFB Petawawa home is this skidder, with a 350 gpm/1500 gallon tank.  Equipped with a climate control cab, this truck is floated to where it is required, and then goes to work.  One of the coolest brush rigs I've had the pleasure of seeing!

Ottawa runs 2 Platform of Demand trucks, one of which is stored with the foam pod attached.  Foam 25 is this International that carries 1500 gallons of foam concentrate.  Can be operated on the bed of the truck, or dropped on the ground.

Lyncourt Fire Department in Onondaga County, NY, runs this as their parade piece.

Shot at the 2011 SPAAMFAA parade in Syracuse, NY, is this cool looking Mack B pumper tanker.

From Carleton Place, Ontario comes this unique White Volvo/Almonte pumper.

Good looking b model mack.
Quote:Shot at the 2011 SPAAMFAA parade in Syracuse, NY, is this cool looking Mack B pumper tanker.
I want tosay this was bought  used from Charlton VFD but im not sure...If anone gets a look tell me if there any LIME green paint anywhere then I'll know for sure
Although not a fire truck, this hazardous materials truck is run by the Michigan State Police at the Police Academy in Lansing.  I took my hazmat technician training here, and this truck was there the entire time.  It is a 2005 Spartan/Spencer, and is one of several identical that were purchased, and placed in service around the state with various fire departments.  The City of Lansing FD operates one of them as its prime hazmat squad.

Quote:Although not a fire truck, this hazardous materials truck is run by the Michigan State Police at the Police Academy in Lansing.  I took my hazmat technician training here, and this truck was there the entire time.  It is a 2005 Spartan/Spencer, and is one of several identical that were purchased, and placed in service around the state with various fire departments.  The City of Lansing FD operates one of them as its prime hazmat squad.

Great pic of the elusive MSP Regional Response Team Network truck, the RRTN logo is on the box.  This one and the one assigned to the Berrien County Sheriff are the only one's not assigned to fire departments.  This is the only one that is not black over red.

18 of them were purchased for use throughout the state back in 2005 post 9/11 major incident response concerns.  None have ever been called up for a type of major incident that they were purchased and envisioned for, which is a very good thing.  I can say although not
really used for their intended purpose per say, the state has gotten their money out of them.

They are based on Oct of 2005 produced Spartan Advantage Extended MFD 20” Raised Roof Cabs, with Cummins ISL 370HP engines and Spencer 18’ NWI (Non-Walk-In) Rescue bodies 675’ Cu Ft of Storage.  Basic outfitting of the units from Spencer included the following:

Whelen LED

ROM Painted Roll-Up Doors

ROM LED Compartment Lights

Smart Power 15KW Generator

Wil-Burt Night Scan Powerlite Light Tower

Command Center with desk

refrigerator

marker board

notebook storage

FRC Optimum Tri-Pod Lights

Hannay Electric Cord Reels

RV Awnings

Approx Cost $235,00.00 Each

Upon delivery they were assigned to the following departments:

Clinton twp FD - Macomb County - Rescue #5

Sterling Heights - Macomb County - Rescue #5 - RRN #25

Warren - Macomb County - Rescue #6

Troy - Oakland County - Special Response Unit #4

Grand Rapids - Kent County - RTN-61

Ann Arbor - Washtenaw County - Haz-Mat #1

Escanaba - Delta County - (Upper Peninsula)

Bay City - Bay County

Lansing - Ingham County - Squad 46

Detroit - Wayne County - (Never have been able to confirm this one)

Traverse City - Grand Traverse County -

Berrien County Sheriff - Berrien County - Haz-Mat #098

(Above lettered Berrien County Sheriff Hazerdous Materials Response Team with Sheriff door shield)

Monroe - Monroe County

Muskegon - Muskegon County

Battle Creek - Calhoun County -

Western Wayne County Haz Mat Team - Wayne County - Rotates between several departments

MSP / MI Urban Search and Rescue Team

St Clair County (Pt Huron Twp FD) - St Clair County - Lettered Saint Clair County Hazardous Operations Team - Hazmat #24

Lettering and graphics vary from full blown department lettering with no ID of RRTN, to minimal department name with RRTN lettering.  

These were envisioned to be 25 year trucks, given to departments that agreed to staff with a full 4-6 man team ready within 12 hours of a call up by the State of Michigan.  The thought was to give them to departments and let them run them from time to time and maintain them so crews were familiar with them.  Some departments bought into this and some of these rigs are practically brand new all these years later.  Others well lets just say they sidelined front line rigs and ran these in their place, I can verify that one rig had 5,000 miles on it within a year.  This racked up in a city that is only about 20 square miles.

Most of the rigs ended up in Metro Detroit and the west side of the state which is natural considering the population base.  The perplexing thing is the Clinton Twp, Warren, Sterling Heights and Troy rigs are within minutes of each other, yes big cities yes very congested I live in Sterling Heights so I know all about it, but I still don't get the positioning even after talking to people from the state.  Troy is the only rig assigned to a department that is volunteer staffed, except for a driver at each station.

The downriver area which is chock full of petro chemical and oil refineries esentially have two rigs and that is if you consider the Western Wayne County rig & Monroe County rig neither of which are anywhere near down river.

Oh well hope that informs everyone of a unique group of rig's in the state of Michigan.

Kris
Warren Rescue 6 received extensive water damage from the flood on August 11 and will not be repaired. 

Detroit did take delivery of their rig, but it was never placed in service. Unknown where it is today. 

The Bay City rig is lettered for Tri Cities. Bay City, Midland, Saginaw. 

Dan
Quote:Warren Rescue 6 received extensive water damage from the flood on August 11 and will not be repaired. 

Detroit did take delivery of their rig, but it was never placed in service. Unknown where it is today. 

The Bay City rig is lettered for Tri Cities. Bay City, Midland, Saginaw. 

Dan

Dan,

Thanks I forgot to note the info on the Warren rig although last I saw pics they were stripping the wiring from the entire unit (had a good amount of wire removed at the time) and plan was to rebuilding the engine to replace in service.  Did something change and they decided to write it off?  If so that brings up many great questions like are they replacing it?  If so who's purchasing it, who's specing it?  Easiest thing would be send back to Spencer have them strip it to the bones and remount on a new chassis.

I wonder what happened to the Detroit rig?  It does seem to have completely vanished from the state.  Perhaps if unused it could be sent to Warren now.

Thanks for the lettering info on the Bay City rig, I should have noted that since 2013 it has been housed at Midland fire.

Kris
Quote:I want tosay this was bought  used from Charlton VFD but im not sure...If anone gets a look tell me if there any LIME green paint anywhere then I'll know for sure
This is Ex-Charlton, N.Y. Here's a pre-lime shot from Bogardus.   

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Quote:Minoa, NY Engine 1 was this 1988 Spartan/E-One 1500/1500
Now Glen Aubrey, N.Y. 
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York