Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centennial, CO Defensive House Fire
Around 09:00 on Friday the 6th, Littleton & South Metro Firefighters were dispatched to a confirmed residential structure fire at 3572 E Philips Cir.  Multiple 911 callers reported the incicent.  First arriving E17 found heavy smoke from the roof, E33 arrived at the same time and completed their water supply.  A possive pressure attack was used and two 1.75" attack lines were advanced inside.  Extension into the attic self vented through the roof within the first few minutes when I arrived...

First shot walking up

E17, E14 & M15 were operating two attack lines, one on the first and one on the second floor.

South Metro Tower 34 positioned front and center.

Things really started to heat up on the back of the house and the Charlie Division recommended a change of strategy to defensive.  Command agreed and ordered a withdraw.  Heat was making the Delta-1 exposure start to smoke.

Defensive strategy had been declared at this point and the last interior crew was pulling their line out.  The crew of E17 opened their line as flaming & smolder brands were being blown across the street.

One of my favorite captures... The crew of Quick 18 putting a 2 1/2" exposure line in place with E17 & T34 working.

Fire was really ripping through the attic

Prespective from a little further away.  Tower 34 was waiting to open up their master streams until a PAR was completed.  Engine 15 was advancing an exposure line to the Bravo Side.

PAR Complete and Tower 34 flowing...

Tower 34's Firefighters in the bucket

Conditions got a little tough for the Tower crew a few times

South Metro Battalion Chief Hendrix in Command

Engine 17 operating

Another of 17's

Littleton's newest addition to the fleet - Engine 15.  Normally this company would be first due but they were returning from the hospital after a transport assist when the fire dropped.

Last one... Looking down the street with Ladder 18 in the foreground.

Also some video I got between stills...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HKHjoY...MNLkYZ6arg

Nice work.

Nice shots and narrative. Well done!
Great stuff, especially the shot of 17. I'm not a fan of Black over Red, but 15 sure is handsome.

As always a great job Eric