Designated To
boom  is Ex-L127
Willow Street Fire Company, Station 5-12 out of Lancaster County, PA

Truck 5-12

1987 Pierce Arrow / 2002 Pierce Refurb

1500 gpm, 250 gal tank

110' Rear Mount Tower Ladder

X-Willow Street, PA

This unit has sine been sold to the Beer Creek Fire Department out of North Carolina

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Mapleton Fire Department Station 2 out of Mapleton Borough, Huntingdon County, PA

Operated this 1966 Ford/Bruco 750 gpm, 750 gal tank

(This unit is currently for sale and taken out service last I was told)

Are they replaceing it with something else?
Quote:Mapleton Fire Department Station 2 out of Mapleton Borough, Huntingdon County, PA

Operates this 1979 Mack CF/1996 Local refurb 1000 gpm, 500 gal tank

Ex- FDNY Engine 7

*** Also noted this unit was also make on a diecast scale from once Code 3 Collectibles ***

(( This unit is currently for sale ))

I see on teh website they sold it to another FD, Are there plans to replace it with something new? and did they refurb the ALF from a reg run of the mill pumper to like say...Squad style?
Mapleton downsized to one engine. Mack was sold and Bruco is still for sale. The ALF had some additional compartments added to it.
downsizing is never a good thing....atleast its the case here in NY....Some VFD's did that but ended up closeing doors or joining to form all new VFD's
upstatefire31,

I spoke with the Chief from Mapleton. At this point as Pat said the Bruco Ford is still for sale and the CF Mack has been sold to a private collector from Cumberland County, PA. They do have plans to add another engine at some point unkown when or what time frame they are looking at. 

Quote:Ford/Pierce Pumper

Nipponese Valley Fire Department

?, Pa

? County
Was this an X- Malta Ridge VFD,Saratoga County NY?????
Quote:Manheim Township Fire Rescue

Special Operations 209

2012 Peterbilt/Pierce

Photo by Mark A. Redman 2012

[Image: DSC_0492R.jpg]
So I have seen pics of a few Pierce pumpers,a squad type unit and now this unit all for a diffrent dept but with the same colors.   What is the story on the units and why there this color?
Quote:So I have seen pics of a few Pierce pumpers,a squad type unit and now this unit all for a diffrent dept but with the same colors.   What is the story on the units and why there this color?
The Manheim Township Fire Department is comprised of what were 3 independent VFDs in that community. They all had different colors for their apparatus.

Several years ago they started this quasi merger. It is my understanding that the companies themselves have not merged, but they are now operating in a more cooperative fashion, like common SOPs.

The township is also more involved in how fire services are provided and funded. A few years ago they purchased 4 identical pumpers, one for each station plus 1 in reserve. All 4 cycle thru the stations to even out their usage. Several other units have been added since then and as far as I know, the ones in this paint scheme are township owed rather than by a specific station.
I guess that would be a good idea, makes sence this way everyone has the same truck set up. I hope in the long run it pays off.

I truly wish more departments would recognize what Manheim Township is doing and follow suit.  This needs to happen way more than it is especially in Pennsylvania.  We have towns that are 2 or 3 square miles with 4 and 5 fire departments all trying to survive.  Its time to consolidate and better utilize the limited resources we have available to us.

I agree, We had a FD new me that had 2 companys in one town and when times got tough a few yrs back it was decided to make them one dept. They still run out of there stations but there not called out as 2 companys and when they find a big enough space they will all be under the same roof

Ive been asking guys in the county what they thought of a county run Fire Dept and I have to say alot of them are all for it and want to see it happen.
Cheswick Volunteer Fire Company

Allegheny County Station 121

2014 Rosenbauer Commander

1500/500 (I think)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jason, any chance you got the overall Height of the Cheswick engine?

104' OAH

It's tight for their station.  They said it clears at the closest point by 3/4 of an inch.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is the delivery flyer.

Attached Files Image(s)

that is one ugly truck!

Liberty Fire Company No.1

New Holland PA

1947 Mack Rescue Truck

[Image: img224_zpskzlux0vu.jpg]

Taken in the Los Angeles area in the early to mid '80s.