Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEXAS RIGS
Quote:That's a different hose bed cover, roll down door. How rare is that? And how well does it hold up under heavy use I wonder.

Scott

Gun Barrel City isn't very large, so it may not get very much usage. (Could be wrong, Just speculating) But you're right. It has to be pretty rare, I can't think of another truck with such a lay out. 

And a side note, the Quest is such a goofy looking truck to me. Looks like a kids toy. 

Thanks for sharing
That Engine runs a lot of calls but they don't have to many hydrant areas so they don't lay lines that often. We run auto aide on their structure fires. They also run auto aide on ours.

GBC runs with one paid guy per shift. they run a lot of medical calls.
[Image: DSCF10106.jpg]

2007 Freightliner Business Class M2-KME 1250-1000 (KME # 6962) Engine 2 Mabank, TX

Left Front View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10108.jpg]

2007 Freightliner Business Class M2-KME 1250-1000 (KME # 6962) Engine 2 Mabank, TX

Left Side View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10110.jpg]

Left Rear View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10110a.jpg]

Rear View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10110b.jpg]

Right Rear View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10110c.jpg]

Right Side View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10110d.jpg]

Right Front View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: DSCF10110e.jpg]

Front View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

Seems kind of strange to me that all I see are two crosslays and then only  5" on the rear. Is this all of the working lines they have available on this engine, just the two crosslays and the front bumper line?

Quote: 

Gun Barrel City isn't very large, so it may not get very much usage. (Could be wrong, Just speculating) But you're right. It has to be pretty rare, I can't think of another truck with such a lay out. 

And a side note, the Quest is such a goofy looking truck to me. Looks like a kids toy. 

Thanks for sharing
There have been a few of these built by several manufacturers. Most of the roll up door companies offer them now. Some deploy quicker than others but for the most part are not widely used mostly due to cost I know we priced one and they are considerably more expensive than just tarps or diamond plate covers (one to cover out hosebed on our Pierce saber was priced at $18,000.00) needless to say we just went with a tarp cover..lol. I would imagine they hold up pretty well all they are is just an oversized compartment roll up door that covers your hose bed.

The quest doesn't look too bad I think they look better than some of the other newer style cabs out there.

Quote:The quest doesn't look too bad I think they look better than some of the other newer style cabs out there.

Like the Commander, that's like trying to choose between the better of the two evils.
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:There have been a few of these built by several manufacturers. Most of the roll up door companies offer them now. Some deploy quicker than others but for the most part are not widely used mostly due to cost I know we priced one and they are considerably more expensive than just tarps or diamond plate covers (one to cover out hosebed on our Pierce saber was priced at $18,000.00) needless to say we just went with a tarp cover..lol. I would imagine they hold up pretty well all they are is just an oversized compartment roll up door that covers your hose bed.

The quest doesn't look too bad I think they look better than some of the other newer style cabs out there.
My department has a roll up hose bed cover on our 2009 engines but itS a little different than the one posted. it dosent make the 90 degree turn at the rear just stops at the rear of the truck. a small 24 inch tarp covers the rear part. they work great.   

Wish I had a better pic. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Rear

Attached Files Image(s)

Need a little bit of help, guys!  Found this in my collection, and can't figure out which Department it is from.  It was with some vintage Houston rigs, so I am fairly certain its in the Houston area.  Any Ideas??

Thanks,

[Image: img310_zpsmiovll93.jpg]

Quote:Need a little bit of help, guys!  Found this in my collection, and can't figure out which Department it is from.  It was with some vintage Houston rigs, so I am fairly certain its in the Houston area.  Any Ideas??

Thanks,

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s969.photobucket.com/user/LAFD42/media/Odd%20Stuff/img310_zpsmiovll93.jpg.html">[Image: img310_zpsmiovll93.jpg]</a>
I am actually almost positive that is Mesquite Fire....Nevada.  I am with Mesquite Fire Rescue and when I started 11 years ago we had a Squad  exactly like this.  It was even vehicle number 204.  I have no pics of my own...but check this out...

http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/chucksfirep...eFire.html
Quote:I am actually almost positive that is Mesquite Fire....Nevada.  I am with Mesquite Fire Rescue and when I started 11 years ago we had a Squad  exactly like this.  It was even vehicle number 204.  I have no pics of my own...but check this out...

http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/chucksfirep...eFire.html

BINGO!  Thanks, it's a match!!  Since it was mixed in with some Houston stuff, i had thought it was in the same area.

Thanks again.

Casey
I don't like hose bed covers in general they just get in the way when I'm pulling my line. If you take the time to rack your hose right it won't come out unless you want it to.
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
[Image: DSCF10188.jpg]

2014 Spartan ERV Star Series Gladiator Classic 1500-750 (Spartan ERV # 213196-01) Engine 2 Cleburne, TX

Left Front View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX