Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Independence Day Weekend 2015
I had the great opportunity of meeting some Firepixers in person and captured some incredible sights over the weekend.  Here are some of the highlights from my experience.  

My group arrived on Friday 7/3 and our second Box Alarm was this dwelling at Glenwood & Brock. 

One of these things is not like the others... A Kentland 33 Firefighter was riding with Squad 6. 

Our next gooder on Friday was a dwelling going throughout at Wyoming & Beuna Vista 

The thick, overgrown vegetation made this one look like a California wildland fire

On the 4th the first job we got to in time was at 3444 Haverhill.  A chained up dog was moved to safety by DFD. 

The next fire was on the northwest side at Tireman & Whitewood

Just down the street from Tireman, a Box Alarm went out for Gilbert Street.  A lot of photographers beat or tied E39 on scene with flames showing from the rear of a dwelling. 

A Firefighter from E39 unpacks the bundle.  The smoke was quite thick where most of us were standing. 

We took a break while others captured some other dwellings with heavy fire conditions.  Our short nap ended when a Box Alarm at Chene & Palmer was dispatched.  

Getting water to Ladder 6

Ladder 6 with Ladder 7 flowing in the background 

It was an interesting block of vacant commercials, most were burnt out.  Tower 7 operates in the background. 

We left the commercial and didn't get far before a Box was transmitted up north at Woodward & Brentwood.  This was by far the most spectacular scene of the trip. 

Last one for me...

Great shots! 

Thanks for sharing 

Wow! Great shots there!