Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
Resv Engine 7 was a "bumped down" 1975 Maxim. There were 3 or 4 of these in Trenton when new. I did not know who operated the rig before it was moved to Resv. status.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 8 operated this 1991 KME. It was JUST replaced by a new KME near the end of last year.

Engine 9 used this unknown year Sutphen Engine . This rig and Engine 3 Hahn were the last two rigs in the city to be painted Lime. 1989 saw the department return to Red (with a white roof).

Nice shots of the Trenton rigs John. I remember all the lime rigs from when i was a young kid buffing Trenton with my father. Both my parents are originally from Trenton.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Engine 10 used this 1979 Maxim. It was a "regular" engine but sent out for retrofitting of a 55 foot Redi-tower. It returned in 1984 and maintained its Lime Color.

Quote:Engine 9 used this unknown year Sutphen Engine .

1982 Sutphen 1000/500, HS-1634.
After some tech issues... Trenton's TRUCKS!

Ladder 1 broke the LIME barrier by coming into the City in 1989 with this Red & White Thiabult 85 foot Skypod.

Ladder 2 had this Lime 1978 American LaFrance Tiller (TDA). It later went to Ladder 3 in 1997. It was traded in to KME when Ladder 1 got there new tiller in 2001.

Ladder 2 now has this 1997 Simon/LTI Tiller

Ladder 3 used this 1979 mate to Ladder 2's ALF. Shown here at work after the ladder pipe was shut down at a 2 alarm junk yard fire near Route 1.

Ladder 4 at HQ operated this 1977 Pirsch Tiller. I saw it in a rear yard one day not long ago. Not sure of its status now.

Ladder 4 ran this 1994 Simon/LTI for a short time. I THINK it went to Ladder 3 in 2000 and was there until they were closed. It MIGHT be a reserve Ladder at this time.

My error... RESCUE 1 had the FIRST red and white rig in the City...

This 1987 GMC/E-One Rescue ran until 1996 when it became the Reserve Rescue... It is still in this status at HQ. Rescue 1 was move there when the New HQ opened.

Rescue 1 operates this 1996E-One Hush Rescue. It is shown operating at a 2 alarm Junk yard fire near Route 1. Rescue members were operating a foam line close to the deep seated tire fire.

Trenton referbed this Special Service unit that was a Light and Air unit into SS-1 HAZ MAT unit. It ran as a second section to Rescue 1 for all Haz Mat calls and was part of TASK FORCE 1. Engine 1, Ladder 1 and Rescue 1 for Haz Mat and Water Rescues.

SS2 was bought to function as an Air and Light unit. It is a 1998 GMC Top Kick/KME. It runs from HQ.

Trenton is divided into 2 Battalions. There are 10 Battalion Chiefs with 2 on each shift. The Chiefs are numbered 1 thru 10 and used either C4 or C5 for transportation. C4 is the NORTH BATTALION and is a 1997 Chevy Tahoe. C5 is a 1998 Chevy Tahoe and responds in the SOUTH BATTALION... The catch is BOTH respond from the same station - Fire HQ! HQ is close to the center of the city making it easy for them to go to their response areas. I do not know of many or ANY other cities in NJ or the north east like this!

Image(s)

Credit to the photographer... Engine 8's NEW 2006 KME Engine

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Fireman5230' post='87407' date='Mar 16 2007, 17:19 ']Trenton referbed this Special Service unit that was a Light and Air unit into SS-1 HAZ MAT unit. It ran as a second section to Rescue 1 for all Haz Mat calls and was part of TASK FORCE 1. Engine 1, Ladder 1 and Rescue 1 for Haz Mat and Water Rescues.[/quote]

I remember when this rig was lime!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
The Trenton stuff is great. Did SS-2 and SS-1 every use the same rig? I ask because I have seen a photo showing were number was changed to a "1" and is different from the lettering. Sorry for the nitpicky question, just curious.

Also, how many companies is Trenton currently running and what are their staffing levels?

Thanks.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com