Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
rear of 5214

West Overland's ambulance was also at Maryland Heights

West Overland

Medic 5217

unknown year freightliner

correct me if i am wrong here Phil but does west overland only have one station? I know where the one station is but is there another one? also, did you get a chance to see the chiefs buggy? My uncle's brother is the Chief of west overland and i see the buggy at family gatherings so i can probably get a shot soon.
West Overland does only have one station. Its on Midland, just east of Lindbergh. No I didnt see the Chief, what kind of car does he have?
Is that a new Ladder truck for Hazelwood It looks new, and thats a nice looking pumper from West Overland.
D.J. Hornacek

Nikon D40 DSLR with a Nikon 70-300MM Lens and a Nikon SB 600 External Flash

Check out my website: http://davids-firetruckphotos.smugmug.com
[quote name='ilfirebuff' post='87557' date='Mar 16 2007, 20:46 ']Is that a new Ladder truck for Hazelwood It looks new, and thats a nice looking pumper from West Overland.[/quote]

The Hazelwood ladder is fairly new. Its an '05. It replaced a 1996 55' quint.
Here is Mehlville FPD engine 1710 at a dumpster fire tonight. It is a 1999 Pierce Quantum.

I like this shot with the smoke and the lights.

I did a little Google searching and finally found a picture of "The Jack Buck" St. Louis Fire Department boat

Here is the link: [url="http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=161993"]http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/fo...sp?event=161993[/url]
Today my brother and I stopped by Mehlville station 5 to shoot the new engine 1750. Here is a shot of the trucks at station 5. (L-R, Medic 1757, Engine 1750, Platform 1752, Squad 1756.)

Here is the new engine 1750, it is a 2006 Pierce Dash (Delivered in '07) It has been in service for just over a day. The FF said they have run about 5 or 6 calls with it.

the officers side.

back end

my final pic is from the drivers side again. This is probably the nicest engine Mehlville has purchased in my books. The FF said it isnt completely finished, they still need to put the hosebed cover on and some other minor things. If you ever have the chance to go to any of the 7 Mehlville stations do it. They are a great bunch of guys. 11 out of 10 times they will pull the trucks out. They are more than happy to do it.

Great Shots of Mehlville FD New Rig I guess that will hopefully be another new truck for the Fire Engine Rally.
D.J. Hornacek

Nikon D40 DSLR with a Nikon 70-300MM Lens and a Nikon SB 600 External Flash

Check out my website: http://davids-firetruckphotos.smugmug.com
here is a quick pic Ithrew together of Mehlvilles two newest engines. Engine 1730- 2005 Pierce Dash and Engine 1750- 2006 Pierce Dash. Both pics were taken by me. Its not to special I made it in MS Paint.

[quote name='ilfirebuff' post='91515' date='Mar 27 2007, 09:26 ']Great Shots of Mehlville FD New Rig I guess that will hopefully be another new truck for the Fire Engine Rally.[/quote]

I hope Mehlville takes something this year. They've had the other new engine in service the past two years and didnt take it.

Other newbies that might go are the new Maryland Heights ladder, O'fallon (MO) just got a Quantum ladder, St. Charles ladder, Rock Comm. quints, STARRS.

There are plenty of new trucks in St. Louis that could go, last year I was kinda disappointed. There were maybe 3 new trucks. Eastside was OK to go since your FD has never been there, but seeing some of the same trucks over and over is somewhat annoying. It is still enjoyable none-the-less.
Anyone know the dates of the Rally for this year yet??
[quote name='Paramedic_IL' post='91671' date='Mar 27 2007, 19:14 ']Anyone know the dates of the Rally for this year yet??[/quote]

I dont know yet, but it will probably be the 9th of September, which is a Sunday. It always seems to land on the weekend of or before the 11th. Dont take my word for granted though. We have plenty of time to find out.

Did you attend last year?
Yes Phil I was there last year, which was my fisrt year attending, and I will do my best to make it this year too.
West County EMS & Fire

Engine 3524

2003 American LaFrance Eagle, 1 of 3