Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September 27, 2015 2-Alarm Apartment Fire Baltimore City, MD
Around 1015 this morning Box 53-41 went out for a reported apartment fire in the unit block of North Woodington Rd. in the Edmondson Village section of west Baltimore.

A few of the first alarm units were out of service training. First arriving units called a working fire followed by a second alarm immediately.

One unit on the third floor was involved in the 3-story garden apartment. It quickly went into the roof and burned through the entire roof of one section involving about 10 units. It was brought under control within two hours. 2 civilians were transported to the hospital with minor injuries and smoke inhalation.

Here's a few shots before I edit the rest of them for my website:

I got tied up with an engine leading off from a hydrant and had to grab a parking spot and walk about a block and a half.

Here's my first shot as I approached the scene with the first in units:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Units dragging hose in to set up Truck 16's ladder pipe on Side A:

As I made my way past them the fire broke through the roof on that side as Truck 16 gets ready to raise their aerial:

Truck 12 pulled into the lot in front of them and set their aerial up as well:

I ran across to a hill in the cemetary to get an overall shot showing Sides B and C:

Engine 36 making a shot with their deck pipe: And they had a nice short lead with "the big hose"

Thats all for now...enjoy.

Nice work Howard.  It's always nice to see Baltimore work.

Nice shots. It still amazes me seeing the hydraulics lifting a truck off the ground. #3 is a very neat picture.   

Thanks for sharing. 

Nice set of photos, especially the last one. I like how you were able to get the whole evolution from hydrant to deck gun.

Guess I arrived in B'town a couple of hours late!!!!

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs