Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='87358' date='Mar 16 2007, 08:54 ']Looks like Jersey City has recenty changed the graphics and emblems for their rigs?[/quote]

Yes, the past few rigs that were purchased by Jersey City have that new emblem. I'm pretty sure that the 4 new pumpers will have the same graphics/emblem. I havent gotten a chance to get a close up of them new emblem, i will post as soon as i get it, unless someone else has one already
[quote name='Backdrft17' post='87598' date='Mar 16 2007, 22:42 ']Yes, the past few rigs that were purchased by Jersey City have that new emblem. I'm pretty sure that the 4 new pumpers will have the same graphics/emblem. I havent gotten a chance to get a close up of them new emblem, i will post as soon as i get it, unless someone else has one already[/quote]

Thanks!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Neptune Hose Co. #5 of the Burlington City, NJ Fire Department has this handsome 1950 Mack L pumper as their antique. Photo by Chief Ron Devlin of the BCFD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jay Kormann
Sorry if that last post was too big. I'm still trying to get the whole resizing bit figured out.
Jay Kormann
The Trenton pictures are phenominal! Thank you very very much for sharing them!!!!!
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='87475' date='Mar 16 2007, 19:51 ']The Trenton stuff is great. Did SS-2 and SS-1 every use the same rig? I ask because I have seen a photo showing were number was changed to a "1" and is different from the lettering. Sorry for the nitpicky question, just curious.

Also, how many companies is Trenton currently running and what are their staffing levels?

Thanks.[/quote]

I will have to confirm BUT since the Ford C (SS1) is not in service anymore and a new rig Radio Call Sign "HAZ MAT 1" is inservice the photo of the GMC/KME might be called SS1 at this time.
The New Jersey Spring Thaw continues with 4 inches of snow and 34 degrees (20 Windchill) in Keyport, Monmouth County for their St Patrick's Day Parade. First time I've been to this parade and it was smaller then I thought but did get to see some apparatus I usually never get to.

For those who have the current issue of Fire Apparatus Journal this first few photos will be a bit redundent. FAJ has a profile of the Keyport Fire Department is their current issue.

First up is 2000 Dodge Surango that is operated by the chief. Not uncommon for NJ they manage to squeeze over 10 pieces of apparatus in a square mile town. Keyport is located on the Raritan Bay with a nice view of the Manhattan skyline, Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Verrazano Bridge.

Hook and Ladder Company #1 operates Truck 91, a 1988 Seagrave 100ft/250/200. This is the only apparatus I know of that is equipped with wooden ladders

Keyport Engine Company #1 operates Engine 91 a 1990 Pierce Dash 1250/750

Lincoln Hose Company #1 responds with this 1999 KME 1500/750

Raritan Hose Company 2 operates one of two 2004 E\-One 1250/1000. The Fire Patrol operates the other one

Libert Hose Company #3 operates the oldest in-service unit in Keyport, a 1978 Ward Lafrance 1000/500

The 1978 Ward replaced this 1952 Ward 750/300

Eagle Hose Company #4 operates a 1990 Seagrave 1250/500 that looks maroon in color. Engine 96 is actually painted 1976 Cadillac Garnet Red, Engine 96 also carries a full set of jaws and first responder EMS equipment.

The Fire Patrol operates the other 2004 E\-One Typhoon pumper. This engine also has a 10kw generator, an air cascade system, and a light tower.

Rescue 1 is a 1988 Ford/Saulsbury that was purchased in 2003 from the Plainsboro Fire Department in Middlesex County.

Rear view

Keyport also operates this 1990 Ford E-350. Not seen during the parade was a 1970 2.5 ton Kaiser brush truck, a 1929 ALF, and two fire boats. One of the boats was formerly operated by the FDNY and known then as "The Flame"

Next to Keyport is the small town of Hazlet. Engine 14 (or 39-1-77) is a 1995 1500/750 KME

Hazlet Fire Company 1 Fire Police