[Image: BFU2.jpg]

[Image: BFU5.jpg]

[Image: BFU8.jpg]
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
They'll never give up the old school phone will they lol

whats its used for? Although I think the old school looks kind of cool

Quote:They'll never give up the old school phone will they lol

We still have it too...what's everyone else use?
Quote:whats its used for? Although I think the old school looks kind of cool
It's the radio microphone.  It allows the officer to hold it to his ear to hear better in the loud apparatus environment.  The older rigs with Micors muted the rig speaker when it was picked up.  I remember riding with E301 when we were 2nd due to a call where the first due had called a 10-75-the officer would bang on the partition to let the guys know they were going to work.  I don't know if it still mutes, but the MCT has a display in the back, so I don't know if that tradition is still in practice. 
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
West Coast:  Head sets for all fire fighters

East Coast:   Bang on the partition

LMAO

Quote:West Coast:  Head sets for all fire fighters

LMAO
It was 1986
Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
Quote:It was 1986

But you know the fire service, old traditions either die hard, or don't die at all!  Lol
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:West Coast:  Head sets for all fire fighters

LMAO
West Coast: Worries about too much stupid crap (thinks that chicken tenders haul water for example)

East Coast: Puts out fires in an orderly, efficient military manner with no frills. 
I had a funny convo with  ret. FF from cali,     I was telling him how we had to call several tankers to help with a barn fire....He looks at me and asks.....Airplanes?  You guys called Airplanes to a barn fire??  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  no....tankers as in tanker trucks........ OH....We call them tenders...we call airplanes tankers......Im like you guys are weird out west..lol

Quote:West Coast: Worries about too much stupid crap (thinks that chicken tenders haul water for example)

East Coast: Puts out fires in an orderly, efficient military manner with no frills. 
I am on the east coast we use headsets also, but I will say after seeing the phone I like the concept behind it. Us with glasses dont always feel comfortable in the headsets.
I moved the speaker to the middle of our engines, ontop of the AC/Heater on our HME's......made things alot better for everyone to hear

2014 Seagrave

[Image: 25920563761_3d65b0129d_c.jpg]
FDNY Field Com 1 by Seth Granville, on Flickr
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:whats its used for? Although I think the old school looks kind of cool

I was assigned a 2015 F-150 and I included these in the specifications.  I was told that Motorola has discontinued this particular model so we got them off of eBay from a radio shop that still has hundreds.  The red stripe goes to the red radio screen, the green stripe goes to the green radio screen.  Audio from both radios can go through the external speakers for everyone to hear, or there is a mute toggle switch that will place audio in the phone handset.  The ability to use these like a standard mic or use them to better hear the radio traffic has been great.   

Quote: 

I was assigned a 2015 F-150 and I included these in the specifications.  I was told that Motorola has discontinued this particular model so we got them off of eBay from a radio shop that still has hundreds.  The red stripe goes to the red radio screen, the green stripe goes to the green radio screen.  Audio from both radios can go through the external speakers for everyone to hear, or there is a mute toggle switch that will place audio in the phone handset.  The ability to use these like a standard mic or use them to better hear the radio traffic has been great.   

[Image: attachicon.gif]RadioPhone1.jpg
The handset's are still offered.  
Rescue-3's 1996 HME/Saulsbury. #SR-9603

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine/Squad-41's 1989 Mack/Ward 79 #MP-8907. E-41 was closed, then reopened as an "Enhanced Engine" before becoming a full Squad Co.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From Ferraras website...

I've been seeing these pop up in the background of some other rigs' in-progress photos, since about the time they were the cab and chassis only. They have an even different type of light bar on them (the Whelen that looks like it's rotating) and the Go Light is positioned to the officer's side of the ladder now. Besides the obvious in having aluminum wheels, I think that's about the only major changes on these.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:I've been seeing these pop up in the background of some other rigs' in-progress photos, since about the time they were the cab and chassis only. They have an even different type of light bar on them (the Whelen that looks like it's rotating) and the Go Light is positioned to the officer's side of the ladder now. Besides the obvious in having aluminum wheels, I think that's about the only major changes on these.

Trav!
Okay...what's a Go light?