Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartsdale (NY) Working Fire 11-30-15
Quick note from behind the camera. A reason why I don't have a lot of "action" shots is because the firefighters of Hartsdale FD stopped this fire dead in it's tracks...literally. I was told, and you can see, the fire was blowing out when they got there, and there was a visible clear line where the fire was stopped. They saved this home from much more extensive damage by their excellent teamwork and coordination of resources. I got there a couple minutes after knockdown, so not much action to shoot.. With that said, thoughts and prayers are with the family who called this home home.

I'm having trouble uploading these photos right now to this site and Photobucket to show here, so the photos can be seen here:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/...-11-30-15/
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Great photos! Nice work. Looks like a great stop by the fire department. 

Can you explain the Police/EMS deal? Does the police department also run the EMS Service or just a special call kind of piece? Just curious, Don't see police and ems together much. 

Thanks for sharing!

Quote:Great photos! Nice work. Looks like a great stop by the fire department. 

Can you explain the Police/EMS deal? Does the police department also run the EMS Service or just a special call kind of piece? Just curious, Don't see police and ems together much. 

Thanks for sharing!
Police Department runs EMS. It's complicated though, LOL. A Police Officer/EMT patrols in an ambulance. Police Officer/Paramedics patrol in Chevrolet Tahoes with ALS equipment. If there's a call, they meet up and make up the ambulance crew. Sometimes, especially if it's BLS, a regular patrol officer will drive the ambulance to the hospital while the Officer/EMT rides it in.

Then there's the civilian side, which is a division in the department. There is one civilian ALS ambulance for the Town Of Greenburgh, staffed with a civilian Paramedic and sometimes a civilian EMT. For the incorporated Villages in the Town Of Greenburgh, they have a civilian Paramedic flycar that meets up with the volunteer ambulances.

It gets a little more mixed up then that sometimes, but that's the basics.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Police Department runs EMS. It's complicated though, LOL. A Police Officer/EMT patrols in an ambulance. Police Officer/Paramedics patrol in Chevrolet Tahoes with ALS equipment. If there's a call, they meet up and make up the ambulance crew. Sometimes, especially if it's BLS, a regular patrol officer will drive the ambulance to the hospital while the Officer/EMT rides it in.

Then there's the civilian side, which is a division in the department. There is one civilian ALS ambulance for the Town Of Greenburgh, staffed with a civilian Paramedic and sometimes a civilian EMT. For the incorporated Villages in the Town Of Greenburgh, they have a civilian Paramedic flycar that meets up with the volunteer ambulances.

It gets a little more mixed up then that sometimes, but that's the basics.

Sounds like they make it harder than it needs to be, But hey, I'm not there so I can't really answer for them, just an outside perspective. 

Thanks for sharing that information!
Patrol Ambulance...meaning YES, you can and WILL get pulled over for a moving violation by an ambulance.  Seen it happen with my own eyes. 

CRAZY, but it does work for them.  Their civilian paramedics love the job, or did back in the early 2000s when I worked in the area.

They have nice rigs, I'm sure Seth has a pile of pictures of them and can link you to the right place on his photo site. 

Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
I have the same issue here in Las Vegas, all four departments are very aggressive and half the time I get out the door and half way there they are calling knock down. So I turn around and go home.

Dave