Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Littleton Defensive House Fire 12/3/15
At 04:30 Littleton & South Metro Firefighters were dispatched to a reported house fire at 5309 E. Nichols Drive.  A neighbor called 911 and reported a glow in the walk-out basement windows and smoke showing.  First arriving E33 found heavy self venting fire from the charlie side slider, up the rear of two story home and above the roof line.  Black turbulent smoke was also pushing from the alpha side front windows.  The four-person crew from E33 advanced two 2 1/2" lines to the rear and began a defensive fire attack. 

Tower 34 set up on the A/D corner for aerial operations and E17 advanced a line to the front door to start knocking fire on the alpha side. 

Tower 34 going to work

View from the bravo side.  This was a corner house so the neighboring exposures were pretty far apart. 

Engine 17 going after fire on the first floor 

The home had a real estate "Sold" sign on the front lawn and collapse of all floors occurred early on.  Tower 32 was assigned to open up the garage and confirm there were no cars inside. 

Tower 34's Lieutenant getting some pipe time

Engine 17's Firefighter

Tower 34's Engineer 

Last one... First Due Engine 33's Crew

Quote:Tower 34's Lieutenant getting some pipe time

[Image: attachicon.gif]Nichols08.jpg
Poor buyers....On a different note, good photos! 
Was the house vacant? If so, then I'd say lucky buyers and not poor buyers. A new home can always been found. Priceless family photos and items can't. 

Great photographs. Looks like a cold night.

Thanks for sharing. 

In #9 what kind of helmet does E17's guy have?

Quote:In #9 what kind of helmet does E17's guy have?
That would be the Phenix leather TL-2 with combed shell 

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/produc...r-Upgrade/
Quote:Was the house vacant? If so, then I'd say lucky buyers and not poor buyers. A new home can always been found. Priceless family photos and items can't. 

Great photographs. Looks like a cold night.

Thanks for sharing. 
I didn't stick around until daylight when overhaul started... But from what I could see in the dark there weren't any contents inside.  Thanks, it was around 20 degrees so not too bad.  
Quote:That would be the Phenix leather TL-2 with combed shell 

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/produc...r-Upgrade/

Wow! I hope he is very careful with it. Smile
Nice pics!!
I thought at first the FF from E-17 had a 64-comb leather... Those are coveted by collectors!!
Chad

Deputy Fire Chief
Clinton Volunteer Fire Department
www.clintonvfd.org

Washington DC Fire Department
FireFighter Truck Co. 15
Nice work as always.