Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Seattle Fire Department

Engine 30

A 2009 E\-One Quest equipped with a 1500
GPM

pump and a 500 gallon water tank and ten gallons of class A foam.

Engine 30 responds out of a single engine station near the south side of Seattle's downtown core and on the north end of the Rainier Valley in the Mount Baker neighborhood.  Also currently assigned to station 30 is Air 9, the air cylinder delivery unit.

E-One SO#135221

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Those is ugly!! Good pictures but man those poor things!

Quote:Those is ugly!! Good pictures but man those poor things!
You are so right, I had to take a break.  I have one more to post and I promise no more.
Engine 32

A 2010 E\-One Quest equipped with a 1500
GPM

Engine 32 responds out of  a temporary station in West Seattle Junction in West Seattle while their new station is contructed.  Also housed at this site is Ladder 11, Battalion 7.  Medic 32 has been reassigned to station 37.

E-One SO#135815

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

I see nothing wrong with the E\-One Quest.  It is no different than the Pierce Quantum.  Now that is uglier than the Quest.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:I see nothing wrong with the E-One Quest.  It is no different than the Pierce Quantum.  Now that is uglier than the Quest.
To me it's only a matter of taste.  I like the new Quest better, like the one posted by GA_
DAVE

http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...3&page=304

Post 6063

I didn't really care much for the Quantum until it was redesigned.

I agree, they both are ugly! 

Seattle Fire Department

Engine 13

A 2015 Pierce Arrow XT, equipped with a 1500 GPM pump and a 500 gallon water tank and ten gallons of class A foam.

Just up above Station 30 overlooking the Rainier Valley on Beacon Hill, Engine 13 shares a single engine house with Battalion 5.

Pierce 27660-02

SFD 32538

Bob Lukas Photo

Seattle Fire Department

Engine 33

A 2006 E\-One Cyclone II, 2000 GPM pumper, with a 500 gallon water tank and a 10 gallon foam cell.

It reponds out of Station 33, "The Southern Watch" along Seattle's southeastern border in the Rainier Valley.

E\-One S#131291

SFD 65414

Bob Lukas Photo

Seattle Fire Department

Engine 27

A 2003 American LaFrance Metropolitan with a 1500 GPM
pump and a 500 gallon water tank.

It reponds out of  a single engine station in the Georgetown neighborhood, and cross-staffs the Rehab Unit, reponding on all full fire assignments city-wide, and the Decon Unit, aka Unit 78, when special called on Haz-Mat situations.

ALF L78369

SFD 35358

Bob Lukas Photo

Engine 28   

Devil Wagon

A 2013 Pierce Arrow XT, equipped with a 1500
GPM

Housed in the heart of the Rainier Valley, it shares quarters with Ladder 12 and Medic 28, and remains one of the busiest engine companies in the
SFD

Pierce 26688-02

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

Seattle Fire Department

Ladder 12

A 2011 Pierce Arrow XT 100 foot tiller with tandem rear-axle tractor.  This TDA was last of the shorter wheel base tractors SFD ordered from Pierce.

100 foot TDA

Pierce 24609

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

any chance for photos and explanations of Seattle hose loads and lays?

Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
Quote:any chance for photos and explanations of Seattle hose loads and lays?
see post 202 of SEATTLE NEW RIGS thread for edited hose load information.

thanks
Seattle Fire Department

Engine 26

A 2011 E\-One Typhoon, 1500
GPM

pumper, with a 500 gallon water tank and a 10 gallon foam cell.

One of two Typhoons ordered in 2011.  It shares quarters with Air 260 and reponds out of South Park Station 26, along Seattle's south central border between West Seattle and Georgetown.

E-One S#136804

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

Seattle Fire Department

Engine 36

A 2011 E\-One Typhoon, 1500
GPM

pumper, with a 500 gallon water tank and a 10 gallon foam cell.

Engine 36 located in West Seattke, is part of the Marine Emergency Response Team and cross stafffs Marine 1, responding out of Delridge Station 36, located beneath the West Seattle Freeway adjacent to Seattle's busy container ship terminals.

E-One S#136803

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

This week, I had the opportunity to take the FEMA All-Hazards Communications Leader Course from a couple of instructors with the Seattle Fire Department.  On the final day of class, they brought their radio cache to take a look at.  The cache is transported in MCI 2, a 2014 Freightliner/Utilimaster.  It is housed at Seattle Fire Station 10.

Brian Birmingham

[url="http://www.bbirmingham.com"]bbirmingham.com[/url]
Seattle Fire Department

Engine 11

A 2006 E\-One Cyclone II, 2000
GPM

top mount pumper, with a 500 gallon water tank.

It reponds out of single engine Station 11, along Seattle's southwestern border in the Highland Park-Delridge area of West Seattle.

E-One SO#131288

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

Engine 37

A 2015 Pierce Arrow XT, equipped with a 1500
GPM

Station 37 is presently assigned to a new single engine house, shared with Medic 32, located in High Point in the southwest corner of West Seattle.

Pierce 26689-03

SFD

Bob Lukas Photo

Seattle City Light is conducting scheduled electrical maintenance at SFD station 10 this weekend.  This annual procedure requires a complete power shutdown of the complex and forces both the Alarm Center and the responding units to move to temporary quarters for part of the weekend.  Engine 10, HazMat 1, Ladder 1 (using the 2006 Crimson TDA assigned to Ladder 11) Aid Cars 5 and 10, along with Staff 10 moved over to SFD Headquarters station.  A few museum pieces had to be moved out to other locations.

Ladder 1 responding from HQ on a heavy rescue alarm this afternoon.