Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Just got back from 10 days in the Pacific Northwest.

Portland Engine 2 (I think it's the best looking Pierce Arrow XT (design & color) I've seen - solid red is still my favorite)

2012 Pierce Arrow XT 1500/500

S/N 23277

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Sorry - Icky bay shot, and I couldn't even back up far enough to get the whole thing in...

Portland Reserve Engine 2

2005 Spartan/H&W 1500/500

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

I really wanted Truck 2 (my favorite Pierce aerial design yet), but the crew was busy and I was in a hurry.

So, I settled for the reserve truck parked outside...

Portland Reserve Truck 2

1993 Spartan/LTI 100' RMA (still looks great after 23 years!)

I don't know what the blue stripe is for on the compartment over the rear wheels - (RIC gear?)

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Quote:I really wanted Truck 2 (my favorite Pierce aerial design yet), but the crew was busy and I was in a hurry.

So, I settled for the reserve truck parked outside...

Portland Reserve Truck 2

2003 Spartan/LTI 100' RMA (still looks great after 23 years!)

I don't know what the blue stripe is for on the compartment over the rear wheels - RIC gear?)

[Image: attachicon.gif]28260751030_51e04c57e0_b.jpg
2003 Spartan/LTI 100' RMA (still looks great after 23 years!) Who was your math teacher.  I get 13 years with my math.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Was down by Station 1 on the Willamette River waterfront and caught units heading out to a jumper on the Morrison St Bridge nearby.

Portland Squad 1 - 2006(?) ALF heavy rescue

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Portland Car 103 (Citywide tour commander, IIRC).

2015 GMC Yukon XL

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

When they dispatched the jumper on the bridge, one crew member grabbed a bike and pedaled over to the waterfront, where the PFD keeps some personal watercraft (e.g. Jet Ski's).

Three other crew members (Truck 1, maybe?) jumped in this Kawasaki Mule (unknown what it's exact designation is) and headed across the street to get the watercraft.

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Here's Portland Engine 15 downtown

Early 2000's ALF

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Portland Truck 4

Early 2000's ALF/LTI 100' TDA

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Quote:2003 Spartan/LTI 100' RMA (still looks great after 23 years!) Who was your math teacher.  I get 13 years with my math.

My math was correct, the year wasn't. It's a 1993. Correction made, thanks.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Quote:My math was correct, the year wasn't. It's a 1993. Correction made, thanks.
Thanks nice pictures
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Quote:Portland Truck 4

Early 2000's ALF/LTI 100' TDA

[Image: attachicon.gif]27929575133_69d83e66d0_b.jpg

This one has that Blue stripe as well, near the stabilizer.

Great shots,

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I was thinking EMS gear

Quote:Was down by Station 1 on the Willamette River waterfront and caught units heading out to a jumper on the Morrison St Bridge nearby.

Portland Squad 1 - 2006(?) ALF heavy rescue
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=333234">27929400033_04bcfceede_b.jpg</a>

What happened to the tractor drawn squad crane? I thought it replaced this rig. Anybody know?
Quote:What happened to the tractor drawn squad crane? I thought it replaced this rig. Anybody know?
The tiller-squad is at Station 12, cross-staffed by Engine 12. I've never heard of the planning and/or logistical reason for moving it to Station 12.
Quote:The tiller-squad is at Station 12, cross-staffed by Engine 12. I've never heard of the planning and/or logistical reason for moving it to Station 12.

Thought I heard there were some tactical considerations to having a Squad on both sides of the Willamette, but that could be conjecture.
Quote: 

Thought I heard there were some tactical considerations to having a Squad on both sides of the Willamette, but that could be conjecture.
That makes sense, but Squad 1 is hard-staffed and the tiller-squad is cross-staffed by the Engine. Why not assign the new apparatus to the company that uses it daily? Actually, the USAR truck is at Station 1, along with Squad 1, already. I doubt USAR 1 would fit in many stations on the East side of the Willamette due to it's immense size. Maybe the thinking with the tiller-squad is that they can carry much more equipment than a regular squad-bodied apparatus, and it will still fit into the stations East of the Willamette. Keeps things spread out and more balanced.  That's what I'm going with anyway  Smile
I see Portland Fire has ordered two new heavy duty rescue type trucks this year. They seem to be set up as a Rehab Unit with air refill capability. 

Are they in service yet and does anyone have photos to post? 

Quote:I see Portland Fire has ordered two new heavy duty rescue type trucks this year. They seem to be set up as a Rehab Unit with air refill capability. 

Are they in service yet and does anyone have photos to post? 
These are the only photos I've seen, the "in production" variety from Hughes Fire website. http://www.hughesfire.com/assets/28847-0...final-.pdf

I don't know if they're in service, but they were delivered in April I believe, so they should be in service soon if they aren't already.

Station 10 and Station 12 used to each have an Air Unit truck, and a Rehab truck. And there is a spare Air Unit at another station from what I've heard, but don't which station it is located at. I believe that Station 10 still has both units, but the Rehab that was at Station 12 moved to Station 19. 

*Station 10 has Truck 10 (rear mount aerial quint), Air 10, Rehab 10.

*Station 12 has Engine 12, Heavy Squad 12 (cross-staffed tillered-squad), Air 12.

*Station 19 has Engine 19, Rescue 19, Rehab 19. 

Other specialty apparatus include: USAR 1 and Trench Rescue 1 at Station 1, HazMat Units at Station 7, Mobile Command Truck at Station 9, Heavy Squad at Station 18 (CBRNE, also carries high rise equipment), Heavy Squad at Station 24 (CBRNE, Marine and Shipboard equipment), Foam Engine at Station 24. As far as I know, there is also still a foam trailer with turrets located at Station 6. 

Quote:These are the only photos I've seen, the "in production" variety from Hughes Fire website. http://www.hughesfire.com/assets/28847-0...final-.pdf

I don't know if they're in service, but they were delivered in April I believe, so they should be in service soon if they aren't already.

Station 10 and Station 12 used to each have an Air Unit truck, and a Rehab truck. And there is a spare Air Unit at another station from what I've heard, but don't which station it is located at. I believe that Station 10 still has both units, but the Rehab that was at Station 12 moved to Station 19. 

*Station 10 has Truck 10 (rear mount aerial quint), Air 10, Rehab 10.

*Station 12 has Engine 12, Heavy Squad 12 (cross-staffed tillered-squad), Air 12.

*Station 19 has Engine 19, Rescue 19, Rehab 19. 

Other specialty apparatus include: USAR 1 and Trench Rescue 1 at Station 1, HazMat Units at Station 7, Mobile Command Truck at Station 9, Heavy Squad at Station 18 (CBRNE, also carries high rise equipment), Heavy Squad at Station 24 (CBRNE, Marine and Shipboard equipment), Foam Engine at Station 24. As far as I know, there is also still a foam trailer with turrets located at Station 6. 
THANKS DAVE.