Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
The Pierce tiller's are still not in service. They were sent back to Pierce to have some design issues that were not up to LAFD specifications taken care of. Right now Truck 11 is slated to get one of the new tiller's when they eventually hit the streets.

I went by South Coast Fire, the Pierce dealer, in Ontario this morning. There were at least 6 new tillers for LAFD there. The first one off the line, with the grey aerial, had Truck 11 markings, and wooden ground ladders on it and radios, while the others had no markings, no ground ladders, and no radios. Makes me think that one was in service at some point, however long.

[Image: TDA1.jpg]

[Image: LAFDtillers.jpg]

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Can anyone tell what was changed on them?

What does it say under department and above the wooden ladder on the 1st picture?
Believe it's another rig parked next to it, maybe an airport rig.
Yeah it looks like a Global Striker that says ARFF 17. Anyone else notice the one with the White Ladder is missing the Q? I guess I didn't realize they had them with both colors of ladder.

Travis
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
the main sets really high; not to much visibility for the tillerman. wheres the steps to the tiller cage

It does sit high compared to other Pierces. The seats are a flip down step on the back of the rear wheel well and then another small set in between the ladder mounted on the side. When I looked at them without the ladders, it appears you use the flip down step, top of the wheel well, step in between ladder rails and then the top of the deck under the aerial.

I had the oppurtunity to check out  and take some photos of the new Heavy Rescue 56. Since I didn't want to bombard this thread with the photos, you can check them out here: http://www.emtbravowest.com/index.php?/t...rescue-56/

Seth Granville
Well, it's offical. Not too many guys happy about it.

Quote:<span><span>"Those with a keen eye will note that this Sunday, April 2, 2017, after more than a quarter century of being housed at Station 56 in Silver Lake, our single LAFD Heavy Rescue unit will be moving to its new home at Fire Station 3 in downtown Los Angeles, where it will now be known as "Heavy Rescue 3".</span></span>

Seth Granville
Wonder what the reason for moving HR 56 to Fire Sta.3 is.. Is it a more centrally located area, or are their other factors into the move..
Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Quote:I went by South Coast Fire, the Pierce dealer, in Ontario this morning. There were at least 6 new tillers for LAFD there. The first one off the line, with the grey aerial, had Truck 11 markings, and wooden ground ladders on it and radios, while the others had no markings, no ground ladders, and no radios. Makes me think that one was in service at some point, however long.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TacSupport1/media/TDA1.jpg.html">[Image: TDA1.jpg]</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TacSupport1/media/LAFDtillers.jpg.html">[Image: LAFDtillers.jpg]</a>

I take it the hole in the front bumper is either a Q or a timberwolf?
Los Angeles Fire Department

EVOC-Driver Training Engine

1996 Seagrave

Seth Granville
Los Angeles Fire Department

Truck 33

1998 Simon Duplex/LTI 100' TDA

Seth Granville
Quote:Los Angeles Fire Department

Truck 33

1998 Simon Duplex/LTI 100' TDA

[Image: attachicon.gif]lafd33a.jpg
Wow LA always has great looking rigs. No Road salt helps
Los Angeles City FD

"Plug Buggy"

2017 Ram 3500HD

("Plug Buggy is a utility truck assigned to a station and serves a variety of purposes)

Seth Granville
Quote: 

I take it the hole in the front bumper is either a Q or a timberwolf?
And what is that unit parked perpendicular to the officer's side of the cab with the 23 and Pierce logo?
have any of the Pierce tdas goin into service yet? I've heard seven where delivered to the dealer but have various issues and might be sent back to factory for fixin.

any updates?

LAFD Air 1, N301FD, A 2004 Bell 412EP #36329. At the Rose Bowl 5/10/17 for the Pasadena Police Air Support unit 28th Annual Flyin

Attached Files Image(s)

am relatively sure they go by "Fire 1", not Air 1

Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !