Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Quote:Okay...what's a Go light?

It's a spotlight:

http://golight.com/products/
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Quote: 

It's a spotlight:

http://golight.com/products/

Thanks...
FDNY Ex-Ladder 51, Ex-Ladder 50, Ex-Ladder (Temp) L-41

1998 Seagrave Aerialscope 75'

Shop #ST98003

Will be scrapped in the next few days.

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
What a waste to scrap it.  Could be refurbed and serve more years.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
It is really disappointing to see a department, FDNY that used to sell older rigs to many departments. I know several Former FDNY rigs from the 1970s and 1980s still in use today.  I seems the city is more worried about keeping anyone else from using the logo (which I understand). It should not be about money and who pays the most. If a truck is retired and is not taken from service due to major damage, Im not sure why the City cannot stipulate it goes to a department for a fair price and is used again.
The city's obligation is to its taxpayers, not other departments. If somebody else wants to buy these rigs for a higher price than a scrapper, they can. My guess is that they don't because these rigs are so shot they have very little value.
My question is; look at all of the stuff missing from this truck; where does it go? This truck would have had Halogen lights, an old grille that is beginning not to fit in their current trucks (if damaged). I would assume the shops pulls the stuff off to use, to keep other trucks going, but EVERY truck is like this, and as numbers of similar models gets lower with replacing the fleet, where would all of the parts that come off of trucks like this go?

Trav

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:My question is; look at all of the stuff missing from this truck; where does it go? This truck would have had Halogen lights, an old grille that is beginning not to fit in their current trucks (if damaged). I would assume the shops pulls the stuff off to use, to keep other trucks going, but EVERY truck is like this, and as numbers of similar models gets lower with replacing the fleet, where would all of the parts that come off of trucks like this go?

Trav
Visit the shops in Queens and that would answer your question.
FF/EMT

Allen Township Fire Department
I dont know how true this was, but yrs ago I heard it had to do with terrorist getting them, fixing them up and making it look like an fdny rig and using them as a car bomb. Again....im not a nut job thinking that its just what I heard yrs ago. lol

After Sept. 11th many depts. Tightened up security at stations and really cracked down on securing gear, radios etc. So I believe there is some validity on they're part to try to deter the ease of that occurring. That being said , I think the general public would have a very hard time deciphering what is a legitimate emergency vehicle. If it looks like a fire truck it must be legit. Only those on a job or a buff would notice something totally out of place.

It would be nice for a dept that large to be a bit more philanthropic and help out smaller depts in need. But I think I can see why there's issues in doing so.
A department in North Carolina just received an ex-FDNY Aerialscope (Ladder 58), refurbished by Seagrave:

https://www.facebook.com/HudsonValleyFir...2191549247
Seth Granville
Anyone and everyone can bid on any NYC excess property when it comes up for sale.....Anything from filing cabinets to tower ladders to ESU rescue trucks (an MC Mack/Saulsbury currently sitting for sale at Coopersburg Kenworth in Coopersburg Pa) to used office furniture. If you have the money, you may bid. Copart, Inc. wins many bids because they are good at what they do and make money by dismantling the entire vehicle down to the last nut and bolt, and then selling everything off. 

If you don't want Copart's torch to go to the truck, you are welcome to out-bid them. Good luck. 

FDNY Emergency Crew 581 (Fleet Services Mobile Service Truck & Technician) returns to the shop after a field service call. EC 581 is operating FM16004, a 2016 Ford F-450/Reading. x635Photos.com

[Image: 35705937990_21e0b52089_b.jpg]FDNY Emergency Crew 581 by Seth Granville, on Flickr

Seth Granville
FDNY*EMS

Fleet Number: 1232

2017 Ford F-550 4x4/Wheeled Coach

One of dozens recently delivered and making their way to being in service. Here, 1232 awaits radio and MDT installation.

More of my FDNY Photos can always be found at my site x635Photos.com or flickr.com/photos/x635photos

[Image: 36125889836_ba63e07826_b.jpg]

FDNY*EMS 1232 by Seth Granville, on Flickr

Seth Granville
Didn't take long to switch back to Ford chassis. Now only if they'd switch back to Horton.
Seems odd that not only low bidder but spec has changed as well. I think this was the green idel truck that was at REV booth at 

FDIC.

<span>One of the ambulances leased by FDNY*EMS (Fleet Number 1114/Shop Number LA16014) in the wake of the Transcare bankruptcy to cover the numerous open tours is ready to be returned to the lessor. In the past couple of months, FDNY*EMS has taken delivery of over 100 Ford F-550/Wheeled Coach ambulances.

The graphics were on the leased units were temporary. There were several of these leased, on Ford, Ram, and Chevrolet chassis. This one is a 2016 Chevrolet 3500HD/Wheeled Coach.</span>

<span>[Image: 36104124992_d0ce4f3824_b.jpg]FDNY*EMS 1114-16004 by Seth Granville, on Flickr</span>

Seth Granville
Interesting shop number
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
LA16014 =

Leased Ambulance 14?

Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
FDNY CTS Ladder by Seth Granville, on Flickr

[Image: 35530080193_c967426c30_b.jpg]

Seth Granville