Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
Clearfield had this 1970's "open" cab ALF Ladder. It and the Century ALF engine from COMPANY 1 were sold to cover the cost of the New TRUCK 1 an ALF Eagle/LTI Tower Ladder. Photo is Circa 1981 at the Company's 100th anniversary..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Part II

Quote:Last for this evening will be this American LaFrance pumper that was run by Saint Marys, PA Mattson Collection
Serial #1765 Type 40 Combination/Junior Delivered 10/16/17

Quote:Milesburg, PA ran this Mack E rescue truck. Mattson Collection
A beautiful machine. I wonder if Mack produced the body or if one of the locals in Pennsylvania or New York was responsible?

Quote:North Braddock, PA operated this Diamond-T pumper seen here in some parade somewhere. Mattson Collection
1939 Diamond T/Howe 500-gpm

That Salisbury rig is very familiar, but it just isn't coming to me as to who built the body. An interesting collection of photos!

Steve
Jay Kormann
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='93254' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:43 ']This is a 1938 Chevy/Buffalo 500/250, still owned by Salisbury VFC,Somerset Co. PA. Scott, I'll bet you have a better shot by me of this rig from 8/96.

The Milesburg squad is another classic, a 1949 Mack/ Bruco, it was originally State College,PA. (I have a copy of the factory photo).

The custom Oren is probably from Elizabethtown,Lancaster Co. PA.?[/quote]

The first time I looked at the Oren in the picture it struck me that it was E-town's old Oren..... I have to agree with the good Doctor on this one. I remember back in the late 1990's when this thing was still in service, we did an elevator drill with E-town and they took this piece as well as thier Sutphen's. It really was a classic!

Dave
tascman, I am now becoming one of your fans who await your new posts. Keep 'em coming. Awesome photos.