Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philadelphia, PA
[quote name='pfdbuff' post='92849' date='Mar 31 2007, 07:06 ']Marc,

The 77 Mack Squrt was junked a few years back. After 72's got the new squrt in 1993, the Mack became Squrt 238. For the first time the department had a reserve squrt. Unfortunately the piece was pretty beat up and it didn't last.[/quote]

Thanks, and i was actually down in South Jersey and Philly last weekend and noticed that TL-4's old '78 Mack TL that used to be alongside I-95 has finally been moved........or scrapped????
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Old Squrt 72 in its original state...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

...and as a reserve piece. On this day when it was running as Squrt 57, I unfortunately didn't have the guy pull it out far enough to get the whole boom into the sunlight. Just about 6 inches!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

two more shots from P.I.A. circa 1974-5...

F-1's Ward LaFrance Crash Truck

Unknown which of the 2 Yankee Crash Trucks and F-7 the Rapid Intervention Vehicle

Attached Files Image(s)

ladder 3 Seagrave tiller(hugh mcgeehan photo)
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa

tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Engine 1's E\-One

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 3's new Seagrave tiller shot during one of the Philly trips in the early 1990'2

Some of the shots may be a little grainy from scanning. Sorry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 7

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 10

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 15

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 16

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 18

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 19

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 23

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 23

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some shots of the Philadelphia Fire Departments Thrill Show that was held at JFK Stadium in S. Philly back in 1987. Sorry for the pictures being somewhat grainy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thrill Show.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thrill Show.

Attached Files Image(s)