Ridgefield Park FD Truck 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ridgefield Park FD Engine Co 4

Ridgefield Park FD Truck 1

Ridgefield Park FD Engine Co 2

[quote name='JScott128' post='102388' date='Apr 28 2007, 19:55 ']Demarest FD Mack's[/quote]

When was the pic taken showing the old Mack? The reason I ask is that a few years ago a similar old Mack was burnt to a crisp when a blaze destroyed the local Mack repair garage in Bergen County where it was being serviced. I think it was from Demarest. At the time it was thought that it could not be restored.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' post='102478' date='Apr 29 2007, 09:44 ']When was the pic taken showing the old Mack? The reason I ask is that a few years ago a similar old Mack was burnt to a crisp when a blaze destroyed the local Mack repair garage in Bergen County where it was being serviced. I think it was from Demarest. At the time it was thought that it could not be restored.[/quote]

Demarest found another 1948 Mack to replace the old burnt Mack and had it restored.
What happened to their original Mack was nothing short of a capital offense. Whoever got the bright idea to try and put the fire out BEFORE calling 9-1-1 should be hung in the center of Demarest! Very sad end for a beautiful machine.....
To all of you that attended and or drove Apparatus to the shoot Thank You on behalf of Event commitee Excellent Pics Mr Scott Did anyone attent the slide shows notice at very end of Ron Jeffers show whats comming to the george washington bridge ?? DAMMMMMMMMMMMMM beautifull is all i said when i saw Shot
I might have posted some of these already... I can't keep straight what I have posted and what I haven't... so if they are duplicates I appolgize.

Going to start with one of my all time favorite pieces, I tried many times over the course of 3 years to get this piece... finally got it!!

Emergency One Pumper

Stanhope Fire Department

Stanhope, NJ

I never got into the habit of writing info down about apparatus... so the bodymaker might be wrong.. but I think I have them memorized properly.

Spartan/New Lexington Pumper

Tri-County Fire Company

Stephensburg, NJ

Maxim Pumper

Tri-County Fire Company

Stephensburg, NJ

Emergency One Bronto Skylift

Hackettstown Fire Department

Hackettstown, NJ

Spartan/S&S Tanker

Asbury Fire Department (Franklin Township)

Asbury, NJ

Seagrave/Marion Heavy Rescue Truck

Cherry Hill Fire Department

Cherry Hill, NJ

Pierce Ladder Truck

Cherry Hill, NJ

Seagrave Pumper

Cherry Hill, NJ

Seagrave Pumper

Evesham Fire Department

Evesham, NJ

Just as I walked in the door, the bell went off... so here is a quick pic of the piece as it was going out the door (what you can't see is that the guy driving has his foot in it... I have no idea how this pic came out as well as it did!)