Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
We can only hope the Tarrytown 1941 Seagrave is undergoing an off-the-frame restoration!!
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

[quote name='Andrew2340' post='107355' date='May 13 2007, 01:24 ']We can only hope the Tarrytown 1941 Seagrave is undergoing an off-the-frame restoration!![/quote]

RECENTLY BOUGHT BACK BY TARRYTOWN FIRE COMPANY AND IS UNDERGOING A COMPLETE RESTORATION.
Quote:Seagrave "Sweetheart" mid-mount ladder truck found in Maine. I was unable to make out the lettering...the first three letters appear to be R-E and either a N or M.

Maybe someone can indentify this rig with this info.

Where in Maine is it located? I think I saw the same truck a few years ago near the Pease AFB in NH. I was at a firegfighter wedding near there and drove by it on the way to a wedding reception. Thats only a stone's throw from the Maine border. If its the same truck, it could have come from NH also. I could be wrong.
[quote name='Howie' post='107398' date='May 13 2007, 08:35 ']Where in Maine is it located? I think I saw the same truck a few years ago near the Pease AFB in NH. I was at a firegfighter wedding near there and drove by it on the way to a wedding reception. Thats only a stone's throw from the Maine border. If its the same truck, it could have come from NH also. I could be wrong.[/quote]

My buddy owns that truck. Its on Rt. 103 in Kittery Maine. His name is Matt Hall...I'm pretty sure he's actually a member of this board. I can ask him where it came from. He was telling me he hasnt driving it in a few years...its just been sitting in his yard.
Semmes VFD, AL XE-107 197? Ford C/WLF.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='CapAmes102' post='103000' date='Apr 30 2007, 21:58 ']Ex-Middleport Engine rotting on Beals Rd. in Ridgeway NY[/quote]

Josh,

I heard that there is an old Depew Rig out in Middleport or Gasport, can you confirm this? I want to say it's in Gasport.
double post
[quote name='B95MACKFIRE' post='107395' date='May 13 2007, 08:19 ']RECENTLY BOUGHT BACK BY TARRYTOWN FIRE COMPANY AND IS UNDERGOING A COMPLETE RESTORATION.[/quote]

Thats good to hear.. It looked like the body was in decent shape, and there was some type of frame rails behind it, you can just barely see the steering wheel on the left side of the photo.. Would love to see it when its done.
[quote name='York Engine 4' post='107437' date='May 13 2007, 13:07 ']My buddy owns that truck. Its on Rt. 103 in Kittery Maine. His name is Matt Hall...I'm pretty sure he's actually a member of this board. I can ask him where it came from. He was telling me he hasnt driving it in a few years...its just been sitting in his yard.[/quote]

Seems to be a popular rig! My in-laws were visiting southern Maine last fall and spied this rig... I had just bought my '53 ALF and they were caught up in the excitement. They ended up banging on the door of the house and spoke to a woman (Matt's mom?) who said it was her son's. I believe the rig is ex Revere, Ma, then possibly Malden, Ma? Maybe some of the Revere guys can back that up.

What are the plans for it?

Mike
Mike Graves

Danvers Fire

Lt. Eng. 2, Grp. 3

See you at the big one!
roger- this is the truck sitting across from my fire hall- is this the truck your depew buddies were asking about?

found this on route 309 outside of tamaqua pa all i know is its a ford????
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Quote:roger- this is the truck sitting across from my fire hall- is this the truck your depew buddies were asking about?

Hard to tell from that shot, but that looks like Young bodywork.
Revere did in fact have a rig just like that. If we can find out for sure if that is it that would be great.

Eric, those rigs in New Hampshire have been there for some time. The collection seems to have grown, but several of them have been there for at least three years. I spotted them there back in the Spring of 2003. That includes the Center Harbor IH, the ALF Pump, and the GMC Tanker. Not sure what the deal is, and who owns them.
Doug Boudrow
Fire Photographer
Boston Citywide Fire Radio Car 231
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://dabimages.net'>dabimages.net</a>
[quote name='Citywide 231' post='107944' date='May 14 2007, 19:53 ']Revere did in fact have a rig just like that. If we can find out for sure if that is it that would be great.

Eric, those rigs in New Hampshire have been there for some time. The collection seems to have grown, but several of them have been there for at least three years. I spotted them there back in the Spring of 2003. That includes the Center Harbor IH, the ALF Pump, and the GMC Tanker. Not sure what the deal is, and who owns them.[/quote]

Thanks Doug,

There was no one around and the house where they are located appeared to be abandoned.

-Eric
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
found this on route 309 outside of tamaqua pa all i know is its a ford????

[/quote]

Rig looks like a 1942 Ford-Darley, ex-Army Class 300 brush truck
[quote name='massfirebuff' post='104800' date='May 6 2007, 12:37 ']Seagrave "Sweetheart" mid-mount ladder truck found in Maine. I was unable to make out the lettering...the first three letters appear to be R-E and either a N or M.

Maybe someone can indentify this rig with this info.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=16734][/quote]

1936 Seagrave from revere, ladder 2. 65' stick, 35' mahagony ladder. went malden, mass then to ohio then to strathan, NH then back to Maine,

It is currently for sale, $3000 OBO.

I can get in touch with the owner if anybody wants it.
This ex-Prince Georges County Mack CF was found in the Lady &Taylor/PA Fire Apparatus parts yard across from their shop on Pa Rt. 234 near Heidlersburg, PA. The # M00301 is on the cab door, id'ing this as a 1971 1000/300 engine, once stationed at STA 30- Landover Hills VFD.

May 2007 photo by Warren Jenkins

I hate to add this to the thread. Unfortunately, after many years of service with LA County Fire, their 1980/82 75ft Quint was sent to auction on Friday and sold Saturday. I had wanted to try and purchase this rig to join my other Crown, however with a one day turnaround from listing to the actual auction day, it was impossible to get from PA to SoCal in time.

It is F1856. One of only three such trucks built by Crown on the wide cab chasis. Pierce did the body work. Construction began on the truck in 1980 but it was not delivered until 1982. I believe the reason for the delay in delivery was that Santa Ana orginially ordered the truck but cancelled the order during the build process. The truck was purchased by the Hawthorne FD, which was later absorbed by LA County. She most recently served as Q104 in Santa Clarita until it was replace by a 2006 KME TDA Quint. Her engine blew about 2 years ago, and it was completely rebuilt at that time.

This 50ft Crown Telesqurt was also recently sold at auction after many years of service in LA County. Just like the Crown above, she showed up on the auction site only a day or two prior to auction, so many of the collector types who would have been interested in her never knew she was there until after the fact. Also like ex-Q104, nobody knows who purchased her, so it may have gone to a luck collector, dealer, or Mexico [let's hope not].

This is Crown F1825 with a manual transmission. She was the last Crown purchased directly by LA County, although they recieved some newer wide cabs through absorbing other departments.

this 1974 international cargostar/maxim 1000gpm 500gwt ex ashley pa luzerne county sitting in a boneyard on us route 11 between plymouth & shickshinny pa. orval george scrap yard garden drive plymouth twp pa hopefully it doesn't match their former maxim ladder that was crushed there
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa