Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Engine 4 in Sandpoint/Idaho is a 1984 Ford F 800 4x4 with Grumman bodywork, 1250 gpm/1000 water. Grumman # 16960

Bill Hattersley photo

Ladder 140 in Post Falls/ID was a 1982 Pemfab with Grumman bodywork, 1500 gpm/500 water/ 75' Boardman Readi-Tower boom. Grumman # 16281

Bill Hattersley photo

Engine 520 in Hayden Lake/Idaho was a 1974 Ford C-900 with bodywork from General Safety. The canopy-cab was added later. 1000 gpm/750 water

Bill Hattersley photo

Engine 1 from Wallace/Idaho operated a 1989 Ford Cargo C 8000 with Central States bodywork, 1250 gpm/500 water

Bill Hattersley photo

Springfield, Oregon

2002 Pierce Dash 1500/150/103ft

Salem, Oregon

1992 Pierce Arrow 100ft

Stanwood, Washington

1989 Seagrave JR 100ft

Rehab in 1998 X-Puyallup, Washington[/b]

Shane MacKichan

Vancouver, B.C.

[url="http://www.vancouverfirepics.com"]Vancouver Fire Pics[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/fyregeek"]My YouTube videos[/url]
DaveYoung,

Any luck getting a shot of the ex. PA rig at City of Corvallis ?

Many thanks,

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='BA000049' post='84767' date='Mar 9 2007, 15:30 ']DaveYoung,

Any luck getting a shot of the ex. PA rig at City of Corvallis ?

Many thanks,

Bruce[/quote]

Been out of town quite a bit lately. When we get a sunny day here I'll get one for ya.
I thought I'd resurrect this thread with some pics from a fire today in Issaquah, WA. These were taken by my dad. First off is Eastside Fire & Rescue Engine 81.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next are a couple shots of Engine 71. This is maybe a couple years newer than Engine 81 -- the only real difference is it has roll-up doors.

Aid 75 -- Ford/Road Rescue.

Air Unit 81. Formerly of Long Island, NY.

And finally, a couple shots of Truck 73. An E\-One Hush 95' Platform Quint.

[quote name='Bryce' post='113065' date='May 28 2007, 21:20 ']And finally, a couple shots of Truck 73. An E\-One Hush 95' Platform Quint.[/quote]

Bryce, nice shots. Bye the way is that the Grange on Gillman Blvd I saw in one of the shots.
[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='113659' date='May 30 2007, 17:18 ']Bryce, nice shots. Bye the way is that the Grange on Gillman Blvd I saw in one of the shots.[/quote]

I think you're right, the fire was on Gillman. It was right next door to XXX burgers. Which, by the way, if you haven't been to...you need to go!
[quote name='Bryce' post='113785' date='May 30 2007, 22:12 ']It was right next door to XXX burgers. Which, by the way, if you haven't been to...you need to go![/quote]

Gross! That place has the WORST burgers! It tastes like they use Hormel meat.
[quote name='kieferfire' post='75244' date='Feb 9 2007, 12:09 ']Sunnyslope/WA had this 1977 Oshkosh A-series with bodywork from American Fire Apparatus. It had a 1500 gpm-pump, a 200 gallon-tank, and a rare 65' American Aqua-Jet boom.

Bill Hattersley photo

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=10890][/quote]

any idea how those ground ladders are stored /or how you get them off???
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Thought I'd keep this topic from being cleaned up. This weekend is the Pioneer Square Fire Festival in commemoration of the 1889 Seattle Fire that destroyed most of downtown. Years ago there was a parade and apparatus came from all over the state and even British Columbia, but unfortunately that doesn't happen any more. Anyway, the Last Resort Fire Department was displaying their collection of former Seattle rigs and I got a few pics.

First off is a former SFD Kenworth/Heiser engine. The SFD had a ton of these rigs from the late 60's onward. Within the past few years they've all been retired.

Here's a view of the front end. Gotta love that face!

The business end...

An older former SFD Kenworth rig.