Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='99420' date='Apr 19 2007, 06:39 ']That Johnsonville NY Rescue truck has been sitting in that spot for a bunch of years now. It is also Ex-Copake NY.[/quote]

John do you know where it served before Copake? It looks a lot like an old LINY rescue. I'll have to check my collection to see for sure though. I'd bet anything it's a Gerstenslager body.
[quote name='fsw1970' post='124339' date='Jun 30 2007, 23:59 ']Are you sure that's a Towers? Nothing I see says Towers to me. It's been heavily modified if it is a Towers.[/quote]

It's definately a Towers rig. The pump panel with the vertical valve handles was a dead give-a-way. There were also a builders plate where I got the serial number.

I couldn't get any shots from the drivers side.
[quote name='firesafe91' post='124347' date='Jun 30 2007, 23:22 ']It's definately a Towers rig. The pump panel with the vertical valve handles was a dead give-a-way. There were also a builders plate where I got the serial number.

I couldn't get any shots from the drivers side.[/quote]

If you can get me the serial #, I have a Towers list. I'd really like to know where it originally served; I'm trying to keep track of Towers rigs as much as I can.
[quote name='fsw1970' post='124346' date='Jul 1 2007, 00:21 ']John do you know where it served before Copake? It looks a lot like an old LINY rescue. I'll have to check my collection to see for sure though. I'd bet anything it's a Gerstenslager body.[/quote]

Frank, no I don't. If you figure it out, please let me know.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='firesafe91' post='124272' date='Jun 30 2007, 22:05 ']1958 Chevy Blitz Buggy

Unknown original owner

Photographed in North Olmstead, OH[/quote]

This was recently on Ebay and the listing indicated that it was from Reminderville, OH.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[quote name='bige1998' post='123863' date='Jun 29 2007, 18:51 ']The last one, had no markings

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=20501][/quote]

My records show that this was the 34th Blitz Buggy made by the Blitz Buggy Company, Old Forge, New York. Delivered in March, 1958 to the General Motors Corporation, Euclid Division - Clinton Road Plant, Cleveland, Ohio.

Specs are:

1958 Chevrolet 3800 Series Chassis

Darley JMR-300 - 300 GPM High Pressure Pump. s/n 19108

250 Gallon Water Tank.

Presently privately owned in Ohio.
[quote name='firesafe91' post='124272' date='Jun 30 2007, 22:05 ']1958 Chevy Blitz Buggy

Unknown original owner

Photographed in North Olmstead, OH[/quote]

Nice find there, it is a long ways from Old Forge NY to Ohio for a little regional builder. Also, I believe it is the first Chevy Chassis Blitz Buggy I have seen. Most seemed to be built on Ford and Jeep chassis.

tim/csff25
Quote:x-Brunswick, OH

19xx Ford/Sutphen

1000/?

Unknown serial number (couldn't find data plate)

I show two possible numbers for this one. HS-727 (1970) and HS-1085 (1975). Both are Brunswick, OH deliveries, but I have no further info. Based on the height and length of the body, the tank is no larger than 500 gallons.

The database shows five rigs delivered to Brunswick. HS-728 was a 1970 mini-pumper. HS-1086 is an 85' tower quint that was delivered in 1976 and refurbed in 1996 and is still in service. HS-1592 was a 1981 custom pumper. If anyone has further info, please post it. Thanks!
that blitz buggy belonged to a freind of mine. it was orignally from reminderville ohio, he purchased it from them...It was in alot better condition a few years ago.....i pumped with it about 5 years back.....ill see if i have any other pics of it
I found this Mack B engine somewhere in Dracut/Tyngsboro, MA I'm not really sure where since I'm not familiar with the area myself. It was beihind a chainlink fench, so this is the best I could do photo wise. On both sides of the hood it simply said "Fire Department" with no trace of a city/town's name. on the doors it said "Engine no. 4". It still had it's ground ladder, hose on the booster reels, and two section of hard suction on the side. I couldn't see the rear so I'm not sure if the hose bed was full or not.

Looks like it was just pulled from service one day and parked there fully equipped. Now the question is, does anyone have any idea where this truck is from?

Another photo:

[quote name='massfirebuff' post='124562' date='Jul 1 2007, 15:22 ']Another photo:

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=20579][/quote]

Former Framingham Engine 4 - 1961 Mack B

Last time I saw it, it was on the Chelmsford/Lowell, MA line. When did you get that photo, the last time I had heard it had been purchased by someone in New Hampshire.

-Eric
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
[quote name='bige1998' post='124577' date='Jul 1 2007, 18:33 ']Former Framingham Engine 4 - 1961 Mack B

Last time I saw it, it was on the Chelmsford/Lowell, MA line. When did you get that photo, the last time I had heard it had been purchased by someone in New Hampshire.

-Eric[/quote]

May have been Chelsford/Lowell, I was a little lost. These photos were taken this past Saturday.

Thanks for the information on the rig...hopefully someone gives it a good home.
I went to the city garage for the city of Lexington since the FD shops had nothing going on. I spotted x-Engine 13 among the group of vehicles for the upcoming auction. Managed to get shop #s,but it was impossible to get a decent photo. They might be adding another engine to the list, one of the older Pierces. I just might have to go and see if I can get a decent bid on it!

Lexington Ky

x-Engine 13- 1981 Sutphen 1250/1000

Trk# HS1591

Serial#-8VA419214

Date of build-11/81

[Image: 100_4032.jpg]

[Image: 100_4031.jpg]
Unknown ALF Century at a used car lot on Route 31 north of Flemington, NJ

I may have posted this before in this thread but don't remember. Ward pumper that looks to be in the process of being parted out. This is located in Newtown, PA.

Again, might have posted this before, but don't recall. Unknown Mack CF ladder truck in Newtown, PA.

I shot this one Friday night. It was waaaaaaaaay back into the weeds & trees. I'm told it once served Canastota NY, from there it went to Sconondoa, a defunct department which was taken over by Verona NY, There is not much left of this rig, I looked for a data plate inside the cab, the only one I found was from Truck Cab Mfg, which surprised me. ALF must not have built the Pioneer cabs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[quote name='squad546' date='Jul 6 2007, 12:54 ' post='126334']

I went to the city garage for the city of Lexington since the FD shops had nothing going on. I spotted x-Engine 13 among the group of vehicles for the upcoming auction. Managed to get shop #s,but it was impossible to get a decent photo. They might be adding another engine to the list, one of the older Pierces. I just might have to go and see if I can get a decent bid on it!

You know IF they left the equipment, such as ladders, suctions and other stuff, they would bring more money!! Removeing everything but the wind in the windshield, keeps the bids low. Most of the rigs we have disposed of had all ladders, suctions, sirens and sirens heads (electronic), extinguishers, fans and most tools. We seldom put old equipment on new apparatus. Most of it was worn out.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Ex-Wildwood, NJ

[quote name='marco17' post='127267' date='Jul 8 2007, 19:03 ']Again, might have posted this before, but don't recall. Unknown Mack CF ladder truck in Newtown, PA.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=11076][/quote]