Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montgomery County MD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Thanks for that rear shot. Any idea how much supply line on each side? Also, are all the wagons going to carry a hydrant lay on one side and a driveway lay on the other, or is that simply for training purposes?
Supposedly the last 66 B-model from Rockville was sold from the fire academy into private hands, but that was at least 12 years ago, and the 68 Mack R/Swab rescue last saw service in MT. Horeb,Wis., during the 80's, so it may still survive.

Next is the Kensington VFD, circa 1950, new Sta. 5 on Connecticut Ave.

left to right we have 3 Seagrave rigs, a custom Hahn (Tillerman, do you know the story behind that?), and a Ford, possibly war-surplus.

Unknown photographer, Jenkins collection

KVFD'S classic 1952 Seagrave Anniversary Series 100' TDA

9/68 photo by Robert Washburn, Jenkins collection

Another parade shot of KVFD's 52 Seagrave TDA - this is from the 50's, possibly in College Park, MD. This aerial would go on to serve Tappahannock-Essex VFD in Virginia after leaving KVFD. Note the difference in the dress of the firemen riding, as compared to the previous post.

Unknown photographer, Jenkins collection

1 of my favorite all-time Montco rigs is this 1964 Pirsch/Pitman Snorkel 85' beast! Known as Platform 21 in this 7/65 photo, by 10/84 when I moved to the Glenmont section of Wheaton,MD., it was known as Trk.18 at KVFD's nearby Glenmont Sta.18. I quickly became familiar with the Pirsch's Detroit Diesel bellow on the hills surrounding its station.

Since 1987, when it was placed OOS, nothing else IMO, has measured up in its place.

Robert Washburn photo, Jenkins collection.

KVFD received 2 Seagrave K-series 1000/500 engines in 1966, these photos were probably taken during a test/drill with the new engines.

Robert Washburn photo, Jenkins collection

Another view of the goings-on with KVFD's new 1966 Seagrave engines, they even brought the fire-dog and don't ya just love the white helmet?

Washburn photo, Jenkins collection

This unknown year Oldsmobile ambo came along with the engines, probably in case anyone got bit by the fire-dog.

Washburn photo, Jenkins collection

Attached Files Image(s)

KVFD also had a lone Pirsch engine, a 1000/? 1955 model that sure stood out among all the Seagrave Anniversary series rigs that KVFD had.

9/68 photo by Robert Washburn, Jenkins collection

Equipment layout looks great.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='WAGONMAN' post='132523' date='Jul 23 2007, 18:31 ']Thanks for that rear shot. Any idea how much supply line on each side? Also, are all the wagons going to carry a hydrant lay on one side and a driveway lay on the other, or is that simply for training purposes?[/quote]

I belive 1000' each. Yes, all will have both.

Guys just for clarification Ellite products is the former 3D group. The owner of the business is the former CEO from 3D. The company was purchased by ALFCO then eventually put out of business. Most of the employees are x-3D. They are a new company selling allot of rigs. Only time will tell how they hold up.
[quote name='Tillerman1664' post='132573' date='Jul 23 2007, 20:45 ']I belive 1000' each. Yes, all will have both.[/quote]

Thanks, Tiller
Yes nice looking apparatus there for sure.

I be allot of other counties around will be looking at this for possible future apparatus.
Keeney

Webmaster of [url="http://www.fire-rescuetoys.net"]http://www.fire-rescuetoys.net[/url]

Webmaster for Harney Vol. Fire Company [url="http://www.harneyfire11.org"]http://www.harneyfire11.org[/url]

Webmaster for [url="http://www.frederickmdfiremuseum.org"]http://www.frederickmdfiremuseum.org[/url] in Emmitsburg, MD.