Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
is there anything in this thread from oxford been up there a few times since i have family there. if there is i will go through all the pages to look for it.
Quincy Fire Investigator Ford Crown Victoria parked at headquarters

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

efin98

Fire 9 is Quincy C 1

The Older Black Vic is the "Day Deputy" (Staff Officer, Fire Prevention,& so on)

The White Vic ..is running as C 2 right now.. due to the tahoe being in the body shop after being hit...

the white vic is usually the capt in fire prevention…

The Fire Investigator car is a former QPD

As is the Air Supply truck ….the former “Willy 1”
Thank you Yellowkim for the corrections

Figured I'd throw this in...Hand Made "LadderBlanket"
SPITA--ENGINE CO. 5

"Da Beast From Da East"

City of Lynn Fire Dept

Sin City, Mass

"It is in the shelter of each other that we Brothers may live"
Woburns Engine-5, formerly Engine-3, 1989 Sutphen Deluge heading to that great bone yard in the sky today, August 1, 2007. This was the cities busiest Engine for many years, and was also the mutual aid piece. It visited Chelsea twice among others.    
Kenny Robishaw FF/EMT-P

Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

"I'd rather be stretchin......"

Kenny Robishaw FF/EMT-P

Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

Kenny Robishaw FF/EMT-P

Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

Here she is brand new on delivery day for Engine company-3.
Kenny Robishaw FF/EMT-P

Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

[quote name='WoburnLadder1' post='135911' date='Aug 1 2007, 21:26 ']Woburns Engine-5, formerly Engine-3, 1989 Sutphen Deluge heading to that great bone yard in the sky today, August 1, 2007. This was the cities busiest Engine for many years, and was also the mutual aid piece. It visited Chelsea twice among others.[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=21783][/quote]

June '97 and May '98 for those Chelsea visits?
[quote name='lynnjake13' post='134940' date='Jul 29 2007, 23:01 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=21632]

Figured I'd throw this in...Hand Made "LadderBlanket"[/quote]

Spita,

It looks nice, did you knit it in your spare time..............
[quote name='efin98' post='130152' date='Jul 16 2007, 22:52 ']Waltham Auxiliary Fire Department A1- a Ford Explorer used for crew transport[/quote]

Is that a volunteer division of the Waltham Fire Department?
NJ - Jimmy Garvey
Ridgefield VAC

Always in our hearts, Stephen R. Dembski, FDRP T-2 LODD 7-15-07

Volunteerism: Service, Sacrifice, Spirit.
I see Boston written all over that Somerville TDA.
[quote name='njjimmy' post='136089' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:54 ']Is that a volunteer division of the Waltham Fire Department?[/quote]

They are separate from the fire department, fall under the Emergency Management Department but support the fire department at incidents...
WoburnLadder1 you got a picture with the Foot's flat bed in it..... for those not from the MA area the "Foot" is the junk yard that alot of the Old Fire Trucks in the Boston area go to fade away... they have two locations one on route 1 in Wrentham up the street from Gilette Stadium and I think the other is over on the Plainville/Norfolk/ Walpole line... The location on Route 1 looks like is being cleaned up... not as many truck there as in the past...
[quote name='WoburnLadder1' post='135911' date='Aug 1 2007, 21:26 ']Woburns Engine-5, formerly Engine-3, 1989 Sutphen Deluge heading to that great bone yard in the sky today, August 1, 2007. This was the cities busiest Engine for many years, and was also the mutual aid piece. It visited Chelsea twice among others.[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=21783][/quote]

I didn't realize old E-3 was so close to the end of it's useful life. What is Woburn using as spares now? I saw on Firenews.org that they picked up Wakefield's/Reading's Mack CF...which I was suprised at, as I thought it was in rough shape.

I remember seeing a photo around somewhere of Woburn's Sutphen Tower being hauled off too a few years ago. I always thought that was a neat looking little rig
[quote name='yelrowekim' post='136188' date='Aug 2 2007, 18:27 ']WoburnLadder1 you got a picture with the Foot's flat bed in it..... for those not from the MA area the "Foot" is the junk yard that alot of the Old Fire Trucks in the Boston area go to fade away... they have two locations one on route 1 in Wrentham up the street from Gilette Stadium and I think the other is over on the Plainville/Norfolk/ Walpole line... The location on Route 1 looks like is being cleaned up... not as many truck there as in the past...[/quote]

Anyone have any photos of some of the stuff in this junkyard? I recall hearing about another junkyard full of local apparatus somehwere north of Boston, I think it was route 1, maybe in Revere. I'd love to see some photos of that too if anyone has any.
    Correct on the visits to Chelsea with 97 and 98.

We will be using that Ex Reading Engine-1/Ex Wakefield Engine-2 1979 Mack CF, when we get the title from Seagrave. Until this is done, we have NO spares. If you can believe this, we will put Engine-3 wherever the OOS piece is, and that company will use it. We then, if you can believe it, put the remaining 3 members of Engine-3, 1 being the captain and shift commander, in the back up ambulance Rescue-2. Chief doesnt believe in borrowing apparatus.

Welcome to Woburn.

The Tower, which was a 1987 Sutphen 65 ft Quint with a 440 Gallon tank, was junked by this same company in 2003, with Engine-4/ex engine-2, and Engine-6.

Lets hope we get that title soon!!!

Here a pic of the Tower.
Kenny Robishaw FF/EMT-P

Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

From the Harold Walker collection, a couple images of the 1915 Ahrens-Fox Model A dual dome piston pumper, 800 gpm of Danvers, MA.

Original photographer not identified but I suspect it was Fred D. Hagar, photographer, of Peabody who took a lot of horse drawn and later motorized images and made them into real photo postcards. His earlier cards were identifiable by a raised stamp/embossing at the bottom with: "Fred D. Hagar, Photographer, Peabody, Mass." or sometimes without the Peabody.

I would speculate that the rig was fairly new when the photo was taken judging by the condition and the garb of the young lad in the foreground.

Beverly and Danvers each had a Model A which is one of the rarest Ahrens-Fox models. It is widely speculated that they did not survive the metal drives of World War Two. I do know of one Model A in existence but I am sworn to secrecy as to its location.

Second Danvers Model A photo