Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='127339' date='Jul 8 2007, 22:20 ']Ex-Wildwood, NJ[/quote]

Mike, Mack / ALF I take it?
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
[quote name='marco17' post='127263' date='Jul 8 2007, 19:00 ']Unknown ALF Century at a used car lot on Route 31 north of Flemington, NJ

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=11074][/quote]

When did you take this photo ?
1979 Ford/Darley formerly Engine 31 of the East 60 VFD (Shelby county Ky). Guy that owns it wants $6500 for it, but is going to turn it into a farm truck if he doesn't sell it by September, I told him good luck with that!

[Image: 100_4063.jpg]

[Image: 100_4067.jpg]
[quote name='marco17' post='127263' date='Jul 8 2007, 19:00 ']Unknown ALF Century at a used car lot on Route 31 north of Flemington, NJ

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=11074][/quote]

Unsure of where if came from but last use was with the Hunterdon County Emergency Service Training Center, in Clinton Twp, NJ

Attached Files Image(s)

I happened upon two relics out in front of a flea market in Hunstville, AL this week. First is this ALF 700 Series 75' ladder, Reg #9317. The bodywork is not typical ALF. The four red lights across the bottom of the windshield are not typical either. I have a book- "FIRE ENGINES Motorized Apparatus Since 1900" by Sheila Buff that shows a head-on shot of this rig on page 95. There is a Tennessee tag on the front bumper. Does anyone recognize it?

Attached Files Image(s)

The front of the other relic could be seen in the above shot. Here's a better one. It's a Diamond T/American Fire Apparatus 750/500, unknown year, no serial number to be found, but it was sold by Glen D. Culbert in Maryland. If anyone can fill in the blanks, go right ahead.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='GA_Dave' post='128959' date='Jul 13 2007, 17:29 ']I happened upon two relics out in front of a flea market in Huntsville, AL this week. First is this ALF 700 Series 75' ladder, Reg #9317. The bodywork is not typical ALF. The four red lights across the bottom of the windshield are not typical either. I have a book- "FIRE ENGINES Motorized Apparatus Since 1900" by Sheila Buff that shows a head-on shot of this rig on page 95. There is a Tennessee tag on the front bumper. Does anyone recognize it?[/quote]

Dave,

This ALF was first delivered to Flourtown, PA. in 1952. Obviously rebuilt over the years.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='128959' date='Jul 13 2007, 17:29 ']I happened upon two relics out in front of a flea market in Hunstville, AL this week. First is this ALF 700 Series 75' ladder, Reg #9317. The bodywork is not typical ALF. The four red lights across the bottom of the windshield are not typical either. I have a book- "FIRE ENGINES Motorized Apparatus Since 1900" by Sheila Buff that shows a head-on shot of this rig on page 95. There is a Tennessee tag on the front bumper. Does anyone recognize it?[/quote]

Additional info:

1952 Amer LaFr 7-75-AEC 200200 75 ft mid-mount steel ladder. Delivered new in 12-52 to Flourtown (Montgomery Co.),PA. In 1967 sold by Flourtown. In 1990 owned by Chas. Powers-Dallas,TX. In 1995 owned by Roger Smith-Arlington,TX.
Thanks, Al and Bob! Any theories on those compartments?
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='127501' date='Jul 9 2007, 15:25 ']Unsure of where if came from but last use was with the Hunterdon County Emergency Service Training Center, in Clinton Twp, NJ[/quote]

and now part of the Andy Leider collection. its originally Montclair, NJ
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='127339' date='Jul 8 2007, 22:20 ']Ex-Wildwood, NJ[/quote]

the mack is former wildwood nj
[quote name='BAIN172' post='127456' date='Jul 9 2007, 11:33 ']When did you take this photo ?[/quote]

Took it at the most a month ago.
Here is a unit that was used as a double for the movie Ladder 49.

Attached Files Image(s)

While traveling around the Uxbridge, MA area during the 8th alarm, I stumbled across this Seagrave engine sitting on the side of the road. It had no trace what so ever indicating it's origin, but had the very faded name of some company on the door "Marine Contractors" or something of that nature. Has anyone seen this, or know of it's origin? It was on Route 146.

Such a nice rig...what a shame.

The front with a "2" on it.

The next four were found at a private resident's in Deerfield, NH.

Hampton, NH

Former Engine 2

Seagrave

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Plaistow, NH

Former Forestry 4

1942 Chevy/Howe

-Eric Fellows

Wolfeboro, NH

1930 Buffalo City Service Ladder

-Eric Fellows

Wolfeboro, NH

Former Engine

1930 Buffalo

-Eric Fellows

What a shame to see those classics end up like that Eric!!