Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
Duane also took photos of each station, including some of the former St. Louis stations. I scanned a fww stations that had apparatus out frint. Here is Station 1 with Engine 1, Squad 1 and Engine 3.

- 1976 Photo by Duane Troxel

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:You must be having a bad weekend because I gotcha!

The Mack CF/EVF rescue at Boring,MD., originally was at Bowley's Quarters,MD. in Baltimore Co., and it was a 1983.

48 hours at the Station will do that to a guy, but the rigs ARE damn near identical!

Attached Files Image(s)

St. Louis Station 7 with Engine 18, H&L 14 and Engine 7.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

St. Louis Station 5 with Reserve H&L 29, H&L 2.

- 1976 Photo by Steve Skaar

Info I have shows the twin Oshkosh rigs, Crash 43 and 47, had Boyer bodywork.
Here are a few photos I forgot to post earlier that I took in the St. Louis Fire Alarm Office in 1965.

- 1965 Photo by Steve Skaar

Another 1965 photo in fire alarm.

Here is a photo of their status board which had what looked like crytal plugs for each company that lighted up and could be moved around from station to station for moveups etc. At the time I thought this was the greatest thing I'd ever seen for a status board in an alarm office.

I found this photo from one of the working fires we got to on our 1965 trip.

And to end my part on this thread, here is a closeup photo Duane took of the St. Louis FD lettering with two-tone shadowing. I'm sure there will be many more photos of apparatus from 1976 on posted. Fire away!

One thing I have not seen mentioned is that St. Louis E-5 lost their 1971 Seagrave in a huge 5alarm+ fire on April 2, 1976. This was the Heyday Building fire,which spread over an 8-block area.

Afterwards, a 1976 ALF Century was purchased on an "emergency basis", which was the 1 being prepared in the shop pic. This may account for the apparatus reassignments encountered by Mr. Troxel.

This info is from an excellent article and pics submitted by the Box 8 Club for the Spring 1976 issue of "TURN OUT" (IFBA mag)
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='134809' date='Jul 29 2007, 19:10 ']One thing I have not seen mentioned is that St. Louis E-5 lost their 1971 Seagrave in a huge 5alarm+ fire on April 2, 1976. This was the Heyday Building fire,which spread over an 8-block area.

Afterwards, a 1976 ALF Century was purchased on an "emergency basis", which was the 1 being prepared in the shop pic. This may account for the apparatus reassignments encountered by Mr. Troxel.

This info is from an excellent article and pics submitted by the Box 8 Club for the Spring 1976 issue of "TURN OUT" (IFBA mag)[/quote]

Thanks for the info Dr. Stinebaugh. Does that mean that there was a third 1971 Seagrave pumper? Duane got photos of Engine 9 & Engine 25 in 1971 Seagrave pumpers. The new "emergency purchase" ALF engine was lettered for "Engine 2" so they must have done some switching around. Engine 5 was using Hose 5 when Duane visited in September of 1976.
I was able to get out and shoot several trucks today. I'd like to thank all the departments I stopped by, everywhere I went everyone was as friendly as can be. My first stop was by Metro West station 4 to get their new rescue engine.

Metro West

Pumper/Rescue 3344

2007 Spartan/Rosenbaur

*I wasnt able to get a great angle with the station being on a major road. I didnt want to go into traffic.

rear view

With my luck, as I finished taking pics, they get dispatched to a sick case on the next street over.

The driver forgot to put down the rollup door and move the wheel stop before trying to respond. After a mintue of the truck trying to make it over the stop. The driver realized something wasnt right. He got out, closed the door and loaded the stop. Off they went.

Here is one more shot. This is a new style LED PowerArc.

Next I stopped by Metro West station 5. The mechanic was here looking at the rigs. He was more than happy to move them around.

Metro West FPD

Pumper/rescue/tanker 3354

1997 Spartan Gladiator/Ferrara

*This unit was deployed to the gulf coast after Katrina.

rear view