Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ambulances
[Image: IMG_1833.jpg]

San Marino Fire RA 91

Photo Credits Monrovia1
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[Image: 023_20A.jpg]

San Marino Reserve RA

Photo Credits Monrovia1
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Now I come from small town and we only have 1 ambulance and others squads in the area are considered big if they have 2. So I was quite impressed by the Greenport Rescue Squad from over in Columbia County, NY. I'll let the photos do the talking.....

[Image: IMG_1362.jpg][Image: IMG_1363.jpg][Image: IMG_1364.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1366.jpg][Image: IMG_1367.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1370.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1371.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1373.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1374.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1378.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1380.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1383.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1386.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1393.jpg]

In past parades I've also seen them with a party barge pontoon boat in their fleet.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
[quote name='hoss' post='135017' date='Jul 30 2007, 01:15 ']Now I come from small town and we only have 1 ambulance and others squads in the area are considered big if they have 2. So I was quite impressed by the Greenport Rescue Squad from over in Columbia County, NY. I'll let the photos do the talking.....[/quote]

Where's 405?
Dane County, WI supplies an ambulance to county departments if a rig breaks down or for special events.

Here it is....Dane County EMS Rescue 30.

[quote name='gradymedic' post='134062' date='Jul 27 2007, 19:05 ']This is our newest* unit, a 2007 F350 with a Frazer generator powered module. The generator powers the 120V scene lights, and 120 Heat pump/AC unit. The patient compartment lights are comprised of 8, 12v flourscent lamp modules. This was our first Frazer purchased to replace a unit (196) that was totaled in a wreck with an APD CVPI while both units were responding to a reported person shot. Since taking delivery of this unit and after recieving nothing but rave reviews from all of our crews, we have ordered two additional Frazer units set to be delivered in late August/early Sept. Picture by myself.[/quote]

Its good to see yall like the Frazers.My truck is an Excellance (pic of it a few posts up) but set up by our shops to be identical to the Frazer,we have 3 like that in our county.My wife's unit is a Frazer box.The A/Cs are awesome,on transfers you can plug as many pieces of equipment as you like and have plenty of power and the bright scene lights are nice.They also seem maintnance wise to have very few problems,our mechanic changes the generator oil and filter every so many hours and thats it.It seems to help out the chassis also since they dont have run anything but a siren.My company's goal is to have a Frazer only fleet (only about 200+ trucks).
Lee County Florida, Medic 15

Sean O'Brien

North Reading Fire Dept. IAFF L1857

US ARMY/MA NATIONAL GUARD - HHC 1/182ND INFANTRY

EMT-P/AEMD - Atlantic / Cataldo EMS

Boston Citywide 232

[url="http://www.seanophotography.com/"]Sean O'Brien Photography[/url]
Got a chance to meet some of the Lee County folks a few months ago at the plant. Great bunch of people. Seem to have a good system. I think they also got a F-450 Horton this year also.
[quote name='Mack505' post='135071' date='Jul 30 2007, 12:57 ']Where's 405?[/quote]

I think they were covering the fall out area of the parade there or at Double D's as that's where I've seen their rig most often when I am over that way.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
[quote name='AMBULANCE34' post='135684' date='Aug 1 2007, 00:40 ']Lee County Florida, Medic 15

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=21730][/quote]

That's a sharp looking rig! I love the way the M2 looks, now if they had only gone with the Viewpoint light bar pods instead of the lightbar they have. Oh well I'm sure the set up works for them, and that's all that matters.

Kris
Bermuda, England

City of Hamilton - Ambulance 1986 Chevy Van 30

Attached Files Image(s)

Baltimore County, MD

Rockaway beach Volunteers - Ambulance 245 1997 Chevy 3500 4x4/Horton

ex St. Michaels, MD

Attached Files Image(s)

City of Baltimore, MD

Marble Hill - Medic 4 2006 Ford F450/PL Custom

Shop # 721

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't usually shoot meat wagons, but since this new delivery was parked at the Flying J where I was getting a splash o' gas, I got a gratuitous roster shot. Here is a new delivery for the Motown FD.

2007 Ford F350

Wheeled Coach Type 1 ambulance.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='thefireman4501' post='136075' date='Aug 2 2007, 08:28 ']I don't usually shoot meat wagons, but since this new delivery was parked at the Flying J where I was getting a splash o' gas, I got a gratuitous roster shot. Here is a new delivery for the Motown FD.

2007 Ford F350

Wheeled Coach Type 1 ambulance.[/quote]

My second year at Georgia Southern, I made a trip to Savannah and saw three of these parked at a gas station off of I-95. Kind of a neat find.
Drew James
GA Paramedic
Here is one I took of a recent Motorcycle accident with serious Injury...we took him to Wal-Mart parking lot and transfered care to Lifenet out of Albany. Cool action shot!

So there are only 2 Dodge ambulances in the world. The Wheeled Coach Demo and a Fire-Police unit from Berlin, MD.

Berlin, MD

Fire Police 600

1999 Dodge Ram 3500/1990 Swab

x-600A-3

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='BCFDT782' post='136264' date='Aug 2 2007, 21:19 ']So there are only 2 Dodge ambulances in the world. The Wheeled Coach Demo and a Fire-Police unit from Berlin, MD.

Berlin, MD

Fire Police 600

1999 Dodge Ram 3500/1990 Swab

x-600A-3[/quote]

Based on the grille on the rig, it appears to be a 1991-93 era Dodge Ram chassis. You seldom see Dodges used as ambulances nowdays. I know that Philadelphia had Dodge van ambulances in the late 70's/early 80's and San Francisco had those funky wide body Dodge ambulances in the 70's too. I 'll do some digging and see if I can find anything to add.
Jay Kormann
[quote name='Engine 2524' post='136295' date='Aug 2 2007, 22:15 ']Based on the grille on the rig, it appears to be a 1991-93 era Dodge Ram chassis. You seldom see Dodges used as ambulances nowdays. I know that Philadelphia had Dodge van ambulances in the late 70's/early 80's and San Francisco had those funky wide body Dodge ambulances in the 70's too. I 'll do some digging and see if I can find anything to add.[/quote]

Thanks Jay for the correction, I didn't catch that one. But Berlin was big on the Dodges until they found the Internationals. But they did have have I think a '93, '96, and a '99.
I like the look of that new Dodge over the new Chevy 3500 and F350 styling. It will be interesting to see how much market share it takes up.