Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Eng-46 " Cross Bronx Express"

as per reques from AVFC1699 sat 2 mack/ferrara

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

and eng 72 now equipped with a toolbox on top of the cab i dont know if its water rescue equipment or extra tools or some extra equipment for the satellite

[quote name='anesti' post='137619' date='Aug 6 2007, 22:43 ']and eng 72 now equipped with a toolbox on top of the cab i dont know if its water rescue equipment or extra tools or some extra equipment for the satellite[/quote]

Most of the boxes carry either Water Rescue gear or Extra Chemical Protective Suits. I think that 72 Engine is NOT a CPC so my bet is Water Rescue Gear. The Throw Ring on the deck gun is standard on MOST units.
Normally I see the Squads with the boxes on top..
I know that this doesn't qualify as "In Service", but i couldn't find an F.D.N.Y. thread for 1930's apparatus.

Former Engine 27. 1938 Ahrens Fox Model HT 1000

This exact rig is currently displayed in the New York State Museum in Albany.

Photographer unknown

Marc Dore' collection
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
A few pics taken by my Dad, an honorary FDNY Deputy Chief and director of the Fire Bell Club, at the 7th alarm by Ground Zero...

Ladder 29

Ladder 30

Field Comm

I saw a heavy duty FDNY Tow Truck in NYC, are these trucks used like Los Angeles FD trucks are used or just for shop use? Anyone have any pics of their tow fleet?
[quote name='Backdrft17' post='144064' date='Aug 27 2007, 19:56 ']I saw a heavy duty FDNY Tow Truck in NYC, are these trucks used like Los Angeles FD trucks are used or just for shop use? Anyone have any pics of their tow fleet?[/quote]

The tow truck that you saw is strictly used by the repair shops crew to tow broken down firetrucks back to the shop.

Thats what i thought but i wasnt 100% sure
What does the Incident Management Team do? They sure got a nice rig.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='wagon70' post='137486' date='Aug 6 2007, 20:03 ']Eng-46 " Cross Bronx Express"

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=22111][/quote]

Ah yes, the 1/1 scale version of my very first Code 3 rig. Although I think the rig pictured is newer than the E-46 Seagrave Code 3 replicated.
[quote name='massfirebuff' post='144124' date='Aug 27 2007, 21:34 ']Ah yes, the 1/1 scale version of my very first Code 3 rig. Although I think the rig pictured is newer than the E-46 Seagrave Code 3 replicated.[/quote]

Code 3 came out with 2 versions of my rig. The first version was molded after our '93 Seagrave. The second version was molded after our current rig, which is the rig pictured here, which is an '03 Seagrave.

[quote name='JFong' post='144106' date='Aug 27 2007, 21:00 ']What does the Incident Management Team do? They sure got a nice rig.[/quote]

To be honest with you, i'm not even really sure. My job is so big, and there are so many different units, that i really can't keep track of them all. I would imagine that the FD team that will be investigating the fatal fire will be using this as their command post.

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='144129' date='Aug 27 2007, 21:49 ']Code 3 came out with 2 versions of my rig. The first version was molded after our '93 Seagrave. The second version was molded after our current rig, which is the rig pictured here, which is an '03 Seagrave.[/quote]

passed by your house today

and ladder 27 which i can never ever get a good clear shot of it

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='144131' date='Aug 27 2007, 18:53 ']To be honest with you, i'm not even really sure. My job is so big, and there are so many different units, that i really can't keep track of them all. I would imagine that the FD team that will be investigating the fatal fire will be using this as their command post.[/quote]

Thats a good point. They seem to add so many new rigs you sometimes get confused what the rigs do/where they are assigned.
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?