Engine Company 5

City of Woburn Ma

Fire Department

"I'd rather be stretchin......"
Everett Rescue 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Somerville Engine 4

Attached Files Image(s)

looking to find pictures of past and present rigs for the City of Worcester Ma.
[quote name='creofire' post='139016' date='Aug 10 2007, 19:35 ']looking to find pictures of past and present rigs for the City of Worcester Ma.[/quote]

Ahrens-Fox ladder 3 from 1934. N-85 Tower Aerial nr 2063

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='BrobMa' post='137833' date='Aug 7 2007, 12:36 ']RE: Continental Compacs

Essex MA Fire purchased the first Compac Demonstrator AND the second Compac Demonstrator. Both of these units were pretty much hand built at Continental's facility.[/quote]

I knew they had the first demostrator as Engine 1, now retired. I thought they said that their second Compac was the LAST one built, giving them bookends for the Compacs.

IMHO, the Compacs were a good idea with a flawed execution. Too bad they didn't last.
Quote:OH BOY ! Someone better wet "Howie" down after those great additions to the thread...... I have a feeling "The Chief" might have a few more items in the attic for over viewing pleasure..... Welcome Chief........

LOL...

Indeed those photos were taken early on Chief. At some point shortly after Danvers had it, there was a switch from the wooden spoke wheels to some more modern wheels. Here is a really bad, color photo I have of it taken in the 1950's towards the end of its useful life. If I remember correctly, it was sold to a junk metal dealer in Topsfield and junked. Photographer unknown.

Attached Files Image(s)

Danvers owned four Ahrens Foxes in the 1920's. I can get the specifics if needed, but in general they had:

The 1916 "A"

A 1920's pumper with the dome

A 1920's city service ladder

A 1920's without the dome

Here is a scan of the 1925 model GJ50-4 without the dome. Taken 8-31-25, SN 5001

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='creofire' post='137842' date='Aug 7 2007, 13:50 ']Does anyobdy have apicture of Old Salem Engine 5 the 1992 Spartin/3D that was sold to a contractor?[/quote]

Does this help

[
B.StJohn collection
I looking to make a file of units from the Town of Briantree Mass. I am lookinf for any pictures pastor present of there Engines , Ladders, Rescues and Command units? I know Briantree has run varoius rigs from differnet companys. Any help would be very helpful.
A few Newton support units

Car 11 and Car 12, two generations of the Ford Crown Victoria

Attached Files Image(s)

Newton's old W3, a signal division truck. It's successor was posted a few months ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

Newton Motor Unit, assigned to the maintenance divsion

Attached Files Image(s)

Newton Engine 13, a spare engine formerly assigned to Engine 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Wellesley Engine 5..it was at Newton Engine 7, so maybe being used as a spare by Newton?

Attached Files Image(s)

Brookline Squad 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Brookline's Hazmat DecontaminationTrailer

Attached Files Image(s)

Brookline Engine 4, a 2000 Pierce quint

Attached Files Image(s)

Brookline Spare Engine 3, an '85 Mack MC/Ward

Attached Files Image(s)